New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BRROOOMMMM View Post
    ma try nga yang cruven na yan, e papano ba nila na check yong shox mo kung pwedi pa or dapat ng repair or palitan, meron ba silang tools for checking the shox ?
    you dont need special tools to check if your shocks are busted or not. normally, after uninstallation, didiinan mo lang yung both ends. dapat bumabalik yung other end. pag hindi na, busted na yun.

as for how they check kung pwedeng i-repair or dapat ng palitan, it depends on the condition of the oil seals nung shocks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thank you sir, dapat pala tangal muna bago malaman kung sira na sya e how about not uninstall the shock, how to know that my shock is working or not sorry sir dami tanong

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BRROOOMMMM View Post
    thank you sir, dapat pala tangal muna bago malaman kung sira na sya e how about not uninstall the shock, how to know that my shock is working or not sorry sir dami tanong
    three ways:

1. diinan mo yung fender mo kung saan naka-mount yung shocks. diinan mo yung side na yun. kung firm and hindi nag-ba-bounce yung car after you release, ayus pa shocks mo. pag nag bounce ng once or twice, sira na.

2. physical examination. check your shocks kung may tagas ng langis.
    3. while driving:
    3.1. pag bouncy ang ride specially kung hindi pantay ang daan, sira na ang shocks.
    3.2. after going of a hump, your car should not bounce. pag may bounce, sira na shocks.

hth.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i have the same ride as you and i think i need to replace my shocks din sa likod naman. and i am certainly on a tight budget too...

san kaya maganda mag paayos nito near QC area? thanks guys! :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i have the same ride as you and i think i need to replace my shocks din sa likod naman. and i am certainly on a tight budget too...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post

Try Cruven or Zee. It will save you a lot. Cost is around 1/4 to 1/3 of a new shock. In my case, cost of new pair of shocks would have been around 10,000 pesos. Got it repaired at Cruven for only 3,200 pesos. What they did was replace the busted one with a surplus unit that they revived with nitrogen and renewed my other shock, also with nitrogen. 6 months warranty pa. Initially, it was too stiff. I returned it for a backjob and now its ok.

Yun nga lang, they could not find a surplus unit that matched the color of my good shock. So I have a red shock and a yellow one. Its ugly, but for the price I can't complain. Anyway, its under the car and won't be seen unless its lifted. I can always paint it.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003

san kaya maganda mag paayos nito near QC area? thanks guys! :D malapit ako sa ABS CBN area

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    regarding shocks you can test them better when un installed for fluid type just press on the shock you should almost not be able to compress it immediately but if you do apply pressure it does retract but it would not come up again as for gas shocks same but for gas shocks it would bounce back now how fast it bounces back its i dont know well at least if you are looking for surplus gas shocks i would suppose you get the ones that bounces back the fastest and als if your shock is bad or you think its bad and you are planning to have it fix by cruven bring it fast not because i know the owner or what but to avoid the shock from shocking to much because one the shock is bad the shock would just bounce easily and some times if it stay that way too long the shaft would be damaged and if damaged hehehe not even cruven would be able to fix it kasi may leak na that why i had to buy new shocks for a pregio when i have them fix the shock good thing i did not have time to have it installed just left the shock with them and then they repaired it got it cuase still no time tohave it installed till finally one day had the time brought it back good thing the mechanic tried it first and he said sir wala na i said ha why but you guys just fixed it then mr cruven told ask the guy and finally they said sir may leak na gastado na raw ang shaft but they are honest cause the gave me back my repair money so you can have them fix your shocks suggestion is as soon as possibel if not your shaft may be damaged and darn gas shocks would cost about 2 times the cost or cruven repair

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    magkano na ba shock conversion kay cruven and zee? kay zee ba may +vat din same as cruven?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Shocks problems need price and comments plz