New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ka kapalit pang ng brake pads ng disk brake sa harap a few weeks ago. Before palitan may mekaniko na nag sikip ng brake para, then dinala namin sa ibang mrkaniko at pinalitan ng brake pads, hindi ko alam kung niluwagan.

Any way this past few days sumisipol ang brake sa harap. I don't know kung natanggal ba yung brake pads or may mali? Can it be verified in this picture? And is it safe to drive?. Kailangan kasi gamitin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Ka kapalit pang ng brake pads ng disk brake sa harap a few weeks ago. Before palitan may mekaniko na nag sikip ng brake para, then dinala namin sa ibang mrkaniko at pinalitan ng brake pads, hindi ko alam kung niluwagan.

Any way this past few days sumisipol ang brake sa harap. I don't know kung natanggal ba yung brake pads or may mali? Can it be verified in this picture? And is it safe to drive?. Kailangan kasi gamitin.

at these angles, i don't see no brake pads.
    i hope i'm wrong.
    because if i am right, you're probably gonna need some machining to bring your rotors back to snuff.

and no.
    it is not safe to drive without brake pads. there won't be enough friction to properly stop the venicle.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 26th, 2019 at 02:31 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    agree with doc, its not safe and not advisable to continue using the vehicle. without brake pads, not enough friction to bring the car to a stop. iinit din or worst magbaga ang rotor at brake calipers kasi metal to metal ang magkadikit. kakayodin rin ng caliper yung flat surface ng rotor disc so need ng machining or kung malalim ang tama baka hindi na mahabol ng machining at need palitan. bale ang consumables ay yung brake pads, not the brake rotors and calipers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006

From the looks of it meron naman. If there were none, your brake rotors would be heavily scoured by the piston/s. Also disc brakes are self-adjusting, unlike drums. Di siya pwedeng sikipan/luwagan manually. You can back up the pistons (e.g. when you have to fit new pads), but the moment you step on the brakes, babalik din yan.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What do you mean sinikipan or niluwagan ang preno? Baka Stucked up na piston mo? Kaya napudpid agad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    at these angles, i don't see no brake pads.
    i hope i'm wrong.
    because if i am right, you're probably gonna need some machining to bring your rotors back to snuff.

and no.
    it is not safe to drive without brake pads. there won't be enough friction to properly stop the venicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    agree with doc, its not safe and not advisable to continue using the vehicle. without brake pads, not enough friction to bring the car to a stop. iinit din or worst magbaga ang rotor at brake calipers kasi metal to metal ang magkadikit. kakayodin rin ng caliper yung flat surface ng rotor disc so need ng machining or kung malalim ang tama baka hindi na mahabol ng machining at need palitan. bale ang consumables ay yung brake pads, not the brake rotors and calipers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks I'll ask my brother in law to look at it. If it doesn't have brake pads I wouldn't be able to touch the brake because of heat of metal to metal, right? Malamig naman sya after a short drive, I was able to touch it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    From the looks of it meron naman. If there were none, your brake rotors would be heavily scoured by the piston/s. Also disc brakes are self-adjusting, unlike drums. Di siya pwedeng sikipan/luwagan manually. You can back up the pistons (e.g. when you have to fit new pads), but the moment you step on the brakes, babalik din yan.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    There's a 1 or less millimeter gap naman from disc. I don't know if that's the pad. Sumisipol kasi yung preno. Yung usual na sipol ng jeep pag nag preno. Although mahina ang tunog.

Last edited by BratPAQ; December 26th, 2019 at 06:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    What do you mean sinikipan or niluwagan ang preno? Baka Stucked up na piston mo? Kaya napudpid agad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe I'm wrong about sinikipan, baka yung drum brake sa likod yung sinikipan? Di naman sya stuck up kasi na drive pa namin ng about 10 minutes. I asked my wife kung ano feel nya sa preno kung hindi ba kumakagat, ok naman daw preno. I'm just concerned sa sipol na naririnig ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Maybe I'm wrong about sinikipan, baka yung drum brake sa likod yung sinikipan? Di naman sya stuck up kasi na drive pa namin ng about 10 minutes. I asked my wife kung ano feel nya sa preno kung hindi ba kumakagat, ok naman daw preno. I'm just concerned sa sipol na naririnig ko.

Some brake squeaking is normal. If there were no brakepads, you would hear a grating, metal to metal sound and as I said, you will see scouring and even gouging on the discs.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast