New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paoverhaul mo na lang sa zafra motors yung rack and pinion. dun ko pinaoverhaul yung rack and pinion ng starex grx ko dati na na-ondoy.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    paoverhaul mo na lang sa zafra motors yung rack and pinion. dun ko pinaoverhaul yung rack and pinion ng starex grx ko dati na na-ondoy.
    They can overhaul replacement rack and pinions too? closed na sila when I tried to call now..

I'm still analyzing what will happen if you drain in the pressure hose like what he did...

If the rack and pinion is disconnected from the pump ... and the reservoir is connected to the return hose and rack and pinion.. and you run the pump.. can it suck the fluid from the rack and pinion via the return hose without the pressure hose fluid pushing the ones in the rack and pinion?

If the pump can't suck the fluid from the rack and pinion when the pressure hose is disconnected from the rack and pinion then it means the fluid stays lang in the rack and pinion right?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Lots of team fd peeps bring their cars to benmawi motors in biñan. That's the go to shop of fd owners because their staff are former honda casa techs

Hth

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Last edited by baludoy; January 23rd, 2018 at 07:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Lots of team fd peeps bring their cars to benmawi motors in biñan. That's the go to shop of fd owners because their staff are former honda casa techs

Hth

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    anong meaning ng 'team fd'?

Yun service center ko.. not only hindi sila marunong mag flush ng steering fluid.. hindi rin sila marunong mag bleed ng air sa steering system. I have air in my rack and pinion for 2 days after they put air in the system because of incorrect draining.. sabi nila normal lang yun...

I was googling kanina "can air in rack and pinion cause leak"... ask ko lang (mga people na alam nito).. is there any O-rings or gasket inside the rack and pinion where air can produce metal to gasket contact cutting a hole in the gasket or O-rings? which part inside a rack and pinion can this occur??

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ bale samahan siya ng mga owners ng civic 8th gen (2006-2011) ang team fd (chassis code ng civic 8th gen ang fd).

just to clarify bro, ano bang honda car ang pinag-uusapan natin? kasi sakit din ang power steering assembly ng civic fd at doon nga sa benmawi ang go to shop ng team fd

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ bale samahan siya ng mga owners ng civic 8th gen (2006-2011) ang team fd (chassis code ng civic 8th gen ang fd).

just to clarify bro, ano bang honda car ang pinag-uusapan natin? kasi sakit din ang power steering assembly ng civic fd at doon nga sa benmawi ang go to shop ng team fd
    My car is Honda CRV 2004...

2 years ago nag leak ang rack and pinion... at sabi ng Car Zone sa Banawe ay mga tama na gear at waha na kuwenta so tinapun ko yun original and buy their replacement at 20k.. now 2 years later.. Honda found out nag leak replacement.. I don't know if it's because of the air introduced by the mechanico last week when he did wrong draining method or talaga lifetime nya 2 years..

Sabi ng Honda kanina.. original rack & pinion ay 46k plus labor na 3500 installation so spend pa daw ako ng 50K for new rack and pinion... it's expensive considering luma na car ko.. and ayaw ko na bili surplus.. because before putting the replacement 2 year ago. Car Zone put 2 surplus and leak agad in a row..

So ano options ko now? Tinapun na original Honda rack and pinion (I found out today puwede pala repair kit or sandpaper or machine shop if may tama).. and replacement na lang natira nakainstall sa akin And I don't want to take chances buying surplus again..

Hmm.. puwede be convert hydraulic rack and pinion ko sa CRV 2004 to Electric rack and pinion para wala na hydraulic and leak problem? Sino marunong mag convert?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    lagyan mo lang ng wd40.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016

ito replacement rack and pinion ko for CRV 2004. Know the brand? (I forgot na). Notice yun tie rods are connected to the center (whereas the original is connected to the rack ends). I think yun tinapun original rack and pinion ko naka kabit pa yun inner tie rod so I need to buy a new set of tie rods too if buy ulit ako original.

Puwede ma repair ang replacement? The leak is at the lower boot inside it... any experiences?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by almighty2018 View Post
    lagyan mo lang ng wd40.
    nag seseal ba talaga ng leak ang wd40?

what do you guys think about this? saa maka bili ganyan locally?

No Leak(R) Power Steering Stop Leak | Gold Eagle

Does it really work? sino naka try nito or heard others using it?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    My car is Honda CRV 2004...

2 years ago nag leak ang rack and pinion... at sabi ng Car Zone sa Banawe ay mga tama na gear at waha na kuwenta so tinapun ko yun original and buy their replacement at 20k.. now 2 years later.. Honda found out nag leak replacement.. I don't know if it's because of the air introduced by the mechanico last week when he did wrong draining method or talaga lifetime nya 2 years..

Sabi ng Honda kanina.. original rack & pinion ay 46k plus labor na 3500 installation so spend pa daw ako ng 50K for new rack and pinion... it's expensive considering luma na car ko.. and ayaw ko na bili surplus.. because before putting the replacement 2 year ago. Car Zone put 2 surplus and leak agad in a row..

So ano options ko now? Tinapun na original Honda rack and pinion (I found out today puwede pala repair kit or sandpaper or machine shop if may tama).. and replacement na lang natira nakainstall sa akin And I don't want to take chances buying surplus again..

Hmm.. puwede be convert hydraulic rack and pinion ko sa CRV 2004 to Electric rack and pinion para wala na hydraulic and leak problem? Sino marunong mag convert?
    Mas masakit sa ulo to convert. In your position i'd probably try my luck again with original surplus unit (these cannot be overhauled?).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast