New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir ganyan din ginawa ko sa brake system ng corolla XL big body ko. I bought it brand new 1994 and every year complete brake fluid flush ginawa ko, bleed apat na gulong, mura lang naman isang bote (pinakamalaki) ng brake fluid. Ayun, 10 years hindi ako nagkaproblema sa preno, never nagkatagas or any repair sa buong break system. I sold it 2004. Pawis steering nga lang yun corolla ko but I think maganda din gawin sa power steering mo as described by sir oj88. Just remember, mas mura PS fluid kesa parts ng PS.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    I've seen speedyfix done this. Can i know where do you have yours done and how much? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I always have my PMS done at Honda SPA. I can't recall the actual amount and I imagine that they are more expensive than just having it done outside. For peace of mind, pinapa-sabay ko na flushing ng PSF on every 3rd PMS (1.5 years), including drain and refill ng ATF.

Again, the PSF and ATF have very important jobs of protecting the power steering and A/T, respectively. Replacing them is relatively cheap. But neglecting them can be expensive.

Since my car is already a little over 5 y/o, I might just probably DIY it the next time. I can't stress enough that you should use the correct fluid. Better yet, use OEM fluids that are purposely made for specific applications. If it can be helped, use ATF for A/T, PSF for the power steering, brake fluid (with correct DOT) on the brake system, etc. Mixing and matching or using aftermarket fluids without doing your research is potentially a gamble that could end up in major repairs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12