New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some of my friends tell me that to lower cars daw is to buy lowering springs, others say na putolan lang daw.. which one is better? any pros & cons?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go get a lowering springs then cutting your stock springs,coz you will end spending more in the long run,too many components will be affected if you cut your springs.sakit lang sa ulo plus a harsh ride,youll be better off with a lowering springs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh no! :shock:

Don't even think about cutting your springs! This is the absolute worst you can do to lower your car!

Cutting your springs will do funny stuff to spring rates. And cut springs will definitely punish your shocks, whether they are stock or aftermarket.

Sure cutting them will probably be a fraction of the cost of lowering springs, and they might look good with the car standing still, but once you get rolling, oooh boy!

I rode in a car with cut springs, the ride was so horrible, I was dizzy within 5 minutes. The owner of the car junked his cut springs 3 weeks after he put them in.

Save yourself the headache and just get lowering springs!

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope , kung darating time na gusto mo na i disposed sasakyan mo pwede mo pa
    ibalik ang oem coils mo . vey harsh ride , sira ang ride comfort at gaya nung unang
    reply daming components affected na in the long run gagastos ko doble kasi gusto
    maka save sa putol . Pag ipunan mo na lang at it's worth the money spent .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i c, aound ho much ba ang maganda na lowering springs? and may choic ba kung ilan inchs ang drop? kasi balak ko drop mga 3 inchs ung drop

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey newbee,

Check this thread out. It's got a lot of info -->

http://pinoyforums.com/org/tsikot/viewtopic.php?t=384

3 inches is a lot of lowering though. You might have to with a coilover kit for this, plus a camber kit to keep you from going through your tires like cookie monster going through cookies.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    m planning 2 drop my suv at least 3 inches, wat lowering springs do u guys recomend? and at wat shop maganda magawa

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw tnx d thread e46boi

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't cut your springs! Replace it with lowering springs. When you cut your springs, you lessen its travel and with the same spring rate, it will bottom out when you hit bumps. That is why lowering springs are stiffer to control the shorter travel. You might be able to get away not replacing the old shocks but if they are worn, the ride will be bouncy. Stiffer springs need stiffer shocks or at least not worn. 3 inches is waaayyyy to much drop 2 inches is a lot. You will be altering your suspension configuration. Excess camber will eat up your tires. You might have to spend more $$$$$ on camber kits and coil overs to do it right.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2" s a l0t 4 a car, but 4 an suv, i thnk ok lang ang 3"

again, wat lowering springs do u guys recomend? and at wat shop maganda magawa?

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast