New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    nice info, nag-research talaga si bossing ha.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    oversizing tires
    ladies & gentelemen:

is it ok to upgrade or oversize the tires of my car from 195 60 R15 to 195 65 R15? as of now, i just changed the 2 rear tires, 195 65 R15 & still using 195 60 R15 at my front wheels. ok lang po ba to, the front tires are smaller than the rear tires? but i'm planning to change the front tires too, later na nga lang coz i'm on a tight budget and walang nakkipag-trade in dito sa province namin ng slightly used tires. sayang din naman kasi yong smaller tires ko, medyo bago pa naman. i decided to put the bigger and newer tires sa likod kasi mas magandang tingnan kahit pano, and mas kilalang brand, yokohama yong nilagay ko sa front. yong binili kong newer and bigger tires ay deestone, made in thailand. ok naman daw yon sabi ng ibang carowners na gumagamit nong deestone. by the way, my ride is 97 mitsu galant ss.
    any answers to his query?

me too, i found a good deal on some tires but they only have 2 in stock, next batch they don't know when they'll get the stock. thought about putting them on but my instincts said no, so will probably keep them stored in the meantime.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Panahon na rin siguro para iwasan ang TIRE BLACK ano.....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    any answers to his query?

me too, i found a good deal on some tires but they only have 2 in stock, next batch they don't know when they'll get the stock. thought about putting them on but my instincts said no, so will probably keep them stored in the meantime.
    Try to download tire size calculator. Dapat not more than 3% yung increase ng height to retain the proper speedometer and odometer accuracy reading AFAIK. Pero yung kay Galant Ss mukahng pwede naman. 5 years lang safe useful lufe ng tires kaya hind puwede matagal na ma-stock siya. Magastos talaga sasakyan kaya dapt bago bumili, make sure na may pang-maintenance. Hindi a-eenjoy at sakit lang sa ulo kapag hindi maganda maintenance IMO.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Panahon na rin siguro para iwasan ang TIRE BLACK ano.....
    Why naman? IMO it is good to have tire black as it also deflect some of the UV rays and does improve the look of the tires (until mapuno ng dust, hehehehe) pero punas lang ok na naman uli eh.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    i prefer my tires as is (i.e. only the rubber no other compounds added)....because some may contain petroleum- or oil-based ingredients and rubber hates oils. wash with soapy water is enough.......well that's me.....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    i prefer my tires as is (i.e. only the rubber no other compounds added)....because some may contain petroleum- or oil-based ingredients and rubber hates oils. wash with soapy water is enough.......well that's me.....
    Kapag nagpapa-car wash kasi ako, nanghihinyang ako sa babayaran kaya pinapalagay ko tire black, same din lang kasi singil nung with or w/out tire black. hehe.

pero kapag ako lang naman naglilinis minsan, scrub din lang para maitim pero hindi ako gumagamit ng tire black.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    may tire black na water based.. i think yung ginagamit nang Big Bert's ganon..

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Kapag nagpapa-car wash kasi ako, nanghihinyang ako sa babayaran kaya pinapalagay ko tire black, same din lang kasi singil nung with or w/out tire black. hehe.

pero kapag ako lang naman naglilinis minsan, scrub din lang para maitim pero hindi ako gumagamit ng tire black.
    sa pagkakuripot ko rin eh ako na rin nagwawash ng pipip ko..hehe...never pa nakatikim ng carwash sa labas mula nung napasakin na...underwash lang minsan para matanggal ang mga nakadikit na dumi pero di rin natanggal.hehe...plus another thing to be aware of is the high-pressure water which could damage the paint in the long run. another thing is the carwash boys rushing up the job of washing your car..it leads to scratches, etc......

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    There are tire blacks that are water-based and will not damage your tires. Just avoid those cheap, clear tire blacks that you usually find in hardware stores. A good tire black that isn't expensive is Microtex Tire Black - it leaves a matte finish on the tire. If you're more into the glossy look, just make a second application. Additionally, you can also use it to condition exterior trim (rubber and plastic).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
life of tires