New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I recently bought a 2nd hand stock sw (ae101 gli) to replace my stock (ae101 xl). Is it hard to replace it?? just need some advice on how to.

cheers!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just take off the center panel ng steering wheel. Usually, this is held in place by clips. May isang malaking nut/bolt holding the steering wheel. Tanggalin mo yung nut, then give it a little twist and pull.

Sa suking mekaniko sa gas station or talyer, 50petot lang ang katapat nyan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Just take off the center panel ng steering wheel. Usually, this is held in place by clips. May isang malaking nut/bolt holding the steering wheel. Tanggalin mo yung nut, then give it a little twist and pull.

Sa suking mekaniko sa gas station or talyer, 50petot lang ang katapat nyan.

thanks ng madami Galactus..

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    what about installing a momo steering wheel with a boos kit? or is that too difficult that i should leave to mechanics na lang? hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05 View Post
    what about installing a momo steering wheel with a boos kit? or is that too difficult that i should leave to mechanics na lang? hehe
    halos same lang sa pag install ng stock sw. basta un boos kit ay akma sa kabitan ng sw. it's a matter of connecting the boos kit then the wheel sa boos. ang di ko lang natry ay un may airbag.

must try and DIY para matuto ng bago at malaman mo how easy or hard it is para if may papagawa ka sa mekaniko, matatancha mo kung taga o hindi

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi sirs..just replaced my stock lancer 95 glxi steering wheel with a momo type steering wheel..screwed up and apparently wasn't quite centered..now i can't seem to remove the adaptor to readjust it..it won't budge at all..

..how do i remove adaptor?(tried pulling with wheel attached)

..are there any tricks to remove it?would a steering wheel puller work on an adaptor? (removed orig sw without a puller - used brute force)

..help..tnx!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    remove your momo first then loosen the bolt inside the adaptor (center bolt) usually size 17, 19 or 21. you may use your tire wrench if its the same size. loosen it halfway only do not fully remove. then install back your momo make sure you install it tightly using the screws. then nudge the steering wheel up and down alternately on the sides while slightly pulling it away the steering column. use extra force if necessary

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    remove your momo first then loosen the bolt inside the adaptor (center bolt) usually size 17, 19 or 21. you may use your tire wrench if its the same size. loosen it halfway only do not fully remove. then install back your momo make sure you install it tightly using the screws. then nudge the steering wheel up and down alternately on the sides while slightly pulling it away the steering column. use extra force if necessary
    tnx sir..this what i've been doin all afternoon..hehe..doesn't seem to budge at all..afraid might bend steering wheel with too much force (only a momo copy)..maybe will try when it's cooler (maybe the metal expanded in heat so harder to pull?)..really appreciate your reply sir..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    make sure you pull it away from the steering column while nudging it alternately left and right use the extra force on pulling it away..!! do not totally remove the center nut!! para hindi ka tumilapon at tumama sa mukha mo yung steering wheel pag bumitaw yung adaptor

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    make sure you pull it away from the steering column while nudging it alternately left and right use the extra force on pulling it away..!! do not totally remove the center nut!! para hindi ka tumilapon at tumama sa mukha mo yung steering wheel pag bumitaw yung adaptor
    haha..tnx agen bro..will remember to keep the center nut on..dang it still won't budge..is it normally this difficult to remove an adaptor?i removed the orig steering wheel relatively easily..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to replace Steering Wheel