New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    My car is civic sedan 96. Need your advice sir kung tuwing kelan ako dapat naglalagay ng PS fluid sa reservoir and tanong na din kung pano ko masisigurado na walang leak ang power steering rack ko? Maraming salamat mga sir :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCivic View Post
    My car is civic sedan 96. Need your advice sir kung tuwing kelan ako dapat naglalagay ng PS fluid sa reservoir and tanong na din kung pano ko masisigurado na walang leak ang power steering rack ko? Maraming salamat mga sir :D

Assuming your PS system has no leak, you shouldn't be re-filling your power steering fluid at all.

Only way to know is to have it checked. If the mechanic sees the steering rack to be wet at certain points, it's safe to assume to have a leak.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Assuming your PS system has no leak, you shouldn't be re-filling your power steering fluid at all.

Only way to know is to have it checked. If the mechanic sees the steering rack to be wet at certain points, it's safe to assume to have a leak.

Thanks sir. San po kaya okay mag pa check na mechanic? Any suggestion? QC area po sana

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sir. San po kaya okay mag pa check na mechanic? Any suggestion? QC area po sana
    Speedlab - Quezon Ave (across Pegasus)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Speedlab - Quezon Ave (across Pegasus)

Small time lang ako sir. San pa pwede? hehe. Salamat

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Small time lang ako sir. San pa pwede? hehe. Salamat
    They also do ordinary cars there. Don't be overwhelmed by the expensive cars. Consider it a chance to have a close look at expensive cars being serviced.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    They also do ordinary cars there. Don't be overwhelmed by the expensive cars. Consider it a chance to have a close look at expensive cars being serviced.
    okay. thanks sir

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nice way to convince him to go there! :D hehe Maybe I should do the same sometime hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Nice way to convince him to go there! :D hehe Maybe I should do the same sometime hehe

Well, I do the same thing myself when I am there. A chance to have a closer look at the expensive toys that we normally see just passing us by on the road.

How often should I put Power steering fluid on my reservoir?