New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^well actually i know how it works

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kisshmet; January 22nd, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^double post

Last edited by kisshmet; January 22nd, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Google lang madali malaman how it works.

Iba usapan when you avoided a near crash (like we did) when the wheels locked and had no control of the car.

No matter how good at driving you are, you will still need the extra help in an emergency

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    I would never buy a vehicle with no ABS/Airbags.

Funny someone mentioned “pitik-pitik” lang sa preno yang ginagawa ng ABS. You have no idea how difficult it is to stop a non-ABS car without locking up the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baka he is talented, his legs is like an abs motor that could pulsate the brake pedal/fluid 10times/second. And he can sense the locking of wheels maybe he's built-in optical sensor like the wheel of a mouse

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^not that talented..i just know how it works

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    I would never buy a vehicle with no ABS/Airbags.

Funny someone mentioned “pitik-pitik” lang sa preno yang ginagawa ng ABS. You have no idea how difficult it is to stop a non-ABS car without locking up the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, oobra lang yang "pitik-pitik" sa preno kung mabagal ka. If you need to bleed speed in a hurry, ABS can help you by not locking your wheels in such aggressive maneuver.

In all my cars, I have encountered scenarios where the ABS took control to aid me by not locking the wheels and helped me maneuver the car to avoid a collision.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I've been in an accident a long time ago when I was younger because the car I was driving, a vios J without an ABS refused to turn. No matter how hard I stepped on the brakes or turn the steering wheel, the car still moved straight forward. I collided with a motorcycle.

I can't count the number of times I almost got into an accident but the ABS saved me in the newer cars. Don't believe old school guys who think ABS is just a gimmick and can be dispensed with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12