New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hello po!

Tanong ko lang po kung may idea kayo what's causing a "grinding" noise when I turn my car right? This also happens when going straight pag nag aaccelerate or inaapakan ko yung gas.

Parang nanggaling sa front driver side yung ingay. Any ideas po?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Fan belt yan malamang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hindo po ito fanbelt. Sa ilalim po ng auto nangagaling yung ingay. Alam ko naman po yung tunog ng fan belt na maingay. Iba po itong tunog na to.

Yung ingay po, pag turn ako ng right or nag aaccelerate, after mag aaccelerate pag medyo mabilis na yung takbo, nawawala naman yung grinding noise.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    check the boots ng cv joint mo baka sira na at wala ng grease ,, grug grugang tunog yan fan belt is eeekkeeeekkk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cherieannc View Post
    Hindo po ito fanbelt. Sa ilalim po ng auto nangagaling yung ingay. Alam ko naman po yung tunog ng fan belt na maingay. Iba po itong tunog na to.

Yung ingay po, pag turn ako ng right or nag aaccelerate, after mag aaccelerate pag medyo mabilis na yung takbo, nawawala naman yung grinding noise.

cherieannc,
    i will assume you have a front wheel drive compact car. with this symptoms usually mean your spindle bearing or front hub bearings are worn or damaged. i would also assume, since the the identity and details pertaining the car are missing, that the vehicle has about 100kmiles or more. they usually get damaged by the following circumstances:
    a. the car had been driven numerously across flooded streets which caused the wheel bearing grease to be washed away;
    b. the car suffered a more or less heavy impact from hitting a pothole or a speed bump or has been into an accident;
    c. the bearings were damaged by improper service procedures, overtightening, improper bearing preloading or using an impact wrench to install the spindle or hub nut;
    d. as in most cases, the wheels were installed with an impact wrench at a service shop without using torque limiters (overtorqued).
    what you can do is to have the suspect side (driver) wheel raised off the floor and having one person spin the wheel while another person listen with a stethoscope with the probe on the spindle housing near the brake caliper.
    jick
    a.s.e. certified master automobile technician
    a.s.e. certified master heavy duty technician
    international automotive technicians' network

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yan ba yung tunog pag lumiliko ka sa covered parking sa megamall?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yan ba yung tunog pag lumiliko ka sa covered parking sa megamall?
    anak ng... rubberized kasi ang parking sa megamall at yan ang nagcacause ng ingay :hammer:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hello po!

Tanong ko lang po kung may idea kayo what's causing a "grinding" noise when I turn my car right? This also happens when going straight pag nag aaccelerate or inaapakan ko yung gas.

Parang nanggaling sa front driver side yung ingay. Any ideas po?

Thanks.

what kind of vehicle, what kind of tires, what kind of road conditions or road surface? please be specific. let's not get into the guessing game scheme or pin the tail on the donkey while blindfolded, yomsayin'
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for your inputs jick.cejoco, the vehicle is a toyota corolla 1999 model, i didn't change the tires same lang po sila yung pang 14" na mags nya na stock pa rin. The noise I can hear while driving on a smooth cemented surface tapos i take a sharp right turn may grinding noise na parang maluwang na part. Actually I tried it a couple of times the noise doesn't seem to come from the drivers side pala, sa passenger side instead.

I recently had the tie rods changed and the rack ends, I also checked the CV boots, they're all intact, walang butas, walang lumalabas na grease, malinis pa sila. Yun lang po ang mga observation ko.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for your inputs jick.cejoco, the vehicle is a toyota corolla 1999 model, i didn't change the tires same lang po sila yung pang 14" na mags nya na stock pa rin. The noise I can hear while driving on a smooth cemented surface tapos i take a sharp right turn may grinding noise na parang maluwang na part. Actually I tried it a couple of times the noise doesn't seem to come from the drivers side pala, sa passenger side instead.

I recently had the tie rods changed and the rack ends, I also checked the CV boots, they're all intact, walang butas, walang lumalabas na grease, malinis pa sila. Yun lang po ang mga observation ko.

cherieannc,
    when you had the tie rod ends replaced, were the old ones curved at the shank? are the new ones identical to the removed parts? if they are curved somewhat at the shank, chances are the wheel is in light contact with the tie rod end or the cotter pins that secures the tie rod end nut is not properly installed. bear in mind, about 90% of these "mechanic" do not know how to properly install this often times overlooked part. is the grinding heavy, is it light? is is more like screech, chirpchirp or like a coffee grinder at the supermarket sound. please use a familiar comparison sound. my suggestion is to take it back to whoever replaced the rods and have them carefully examine for evidence of metallic shavings or rusting of components in interference with each other.
    jick
    guam community college

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
grinding noise when turning