New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    kumho mx bext bang for the buck.Track proven.
    Hindi recommended korean/japan made dito sa atin masyadong mainit panahon dito.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I tried Falken Sincera for three years with my old B12 ok naman sila. They performed well in both rainy and hot weathers. Now I'm using Falken 185/65 R14 Ziex 326 for my B14 which I bought at P2, 650 each. I like their toughness. They are also designed for tropical climates although made in Japan sila.

If a certain product is intended to be marketed outside the country where it is being manufactured, designers normally consider the climates of other areas. This is especially true with brands that have succesfully penetrated the international market for quite some time now. For example: Yung Korean-made car battery na Delkor. Several years ago, nng bago pa lang sila sa Philippine market, nagka-problema siya sa hot climate ng Pilipinas.

Delkor batteries overheated, resulting in recall. When the company re-introduced its batteries "tropicalized" na sila, meaning designed na for tropical or hot climates. I used a maintenance-free Delkor for three years at kahit long drive during summer di siya nag-overheat. Ang difference lang niya compared to local brands like Motolite, sealed talaga ang maintenance-free niya kaya di puwedeng lagyan ng tubig. Unlike Motolite maintenance-free na nakatakip lang sa warranty sticker yung mga butas for distilled water.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tama, no matter where the tires come from, as long as they're made for local conditions, they should be okay.

I've heard great things about Kumho tires in the US... they're relatively cheap and they perform well... sort of like the ROTA of tires...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    how about ung goodyear ventura? mgndang klase ba yun?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cognition View Post
    I tried Falken Sincera for three years with my old B12 ok naman sila. They performed well in both rainy and hot weathers. Now I'm using Falken 185/65 R14 Ziex 326 for my B14 which I bought at P2, 650 each. I like their toughness. They are also designed for tropical climates although made in Japan sila.
    Sir, saan mo nabili iyun Falken tires mo?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So di pala maganda ang Hankook? yun kasi ang standard na kasama sa Santa Fe. Delikado po ba sya?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not sure about the Santa Fe's Hankooks, but the Centum 702s are some of the worst modern tires I've ever used.

At 14", the Hankooks slid more than my Michelin XM1 super-low-rolling resistance tires. I use these on my delivery vehicle because it's small and slow, so it's not so dangerous to have tires like these. And take note, these Michelins are something like 165-70-13... or less... the Centums were at 175 or 185 and they still had absolutely no lateral grip. I could get understeer at relatively low speeds, with a less controlled feeling than the super-thin Michelins give.

But that's not to say that they're dangerous, they still gripped very well under braking... something my XM1s don't... but then, again, the XM1s are thinner tires.

Delikado? For 99% of your driving, they're okay, but when it's time to change your tires, unless you're on a very tight budget, I suggest you buy something nicer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    GT and GY okey na..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys,
    if you need prices for gt,dunlop and yokohama just pm,pra mag ka idea po kayo.

kung budgeted,gt and maxxis are good buy already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
good buy na tires???