New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    slightly step on the brake pedal while vehicle is running to dry the brakes. what I do is while right foot is on gas (to keep vehicle moving) I step on the brake with left foot. after a short distance all should be back to normal. whenever I go thru floods and do this I notice the cars behind me over take and drive away fast, I pity them when they meet an emergency situation when they have to stop but won't be able to bec of the reduced effectiveness of their brakes.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    same with fundy, left foot braking. nagtataka din nga ako kung bakit minsan inoovertake ako or binubusinahan pa ako ng mga iba. Check your brakes lagi pag daan mo sa baha.
    Tip din sa left foot braking e wag nyo bibiglain. D kasi tanchado ng left foot ang brakes so baka masubsob ka. Basta kumagat lang ng konti yung brakes, this should heat your brakes enough to dry it.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    icon,

sila yung mga taong wala alam kundi magdrive lang.

8)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for all ur opinions. they've been very helpful. i'm a bit more knowledgeable now when driving thru slightly flooded streets.

just to update u, i have my breaks checked. my suking mekaniko cleaned my rear drum brakes. but my disc brakes on front wheels are ok according to him.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice! :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Yebo raised a good point about the tires possibly hydroplaning. What's the condition of your tires, and type? You might want to check that too.

Another point, and someone should correct me if I'm wrong, pag dry weather, normally for every 10 mph (states kasi galing to), one car length ka behind the car in front of you. When its raining, dapat siguro at least 1.5 carlengths ka farther from the car in front. tama ba?

Galing din ng mga comments ng iba...left foot..dahan-dahan, nice nga.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bawal kasi magtail gate don sa states! pag fullstop sa traffic, kelangan kita mo yung rear tires ng car infront of you eh!

dito, non-existent naman yung ganong batas eh. :roll:

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    informative thread u got here bros. im one of the people who drives fast after lumusong sa baha, though i know na masama yun, i still keep on doing it. buti na lang i read this thread, next time i will drive safer. and always be checking on brakes.:oops:

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    bawal kasi magtail gate don sa states! pag fullstop sa traffic, kelangan kita mo yung rear tires ng car infront of you eh!

dito, non-existent naman yung ganong batas eh. :roll:
    tama ka dyan dude :lol: but i try to follow this anyway for my own safety, especially sa mga palaging dinadaanan na roads, highways...pag tag-ulan, hindi lang tubig ang problema sa daan, kundi langis

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and one thing if matagal nakababad sa baha yung kotse, or lumusong ka sa baha, kung possible dont engage your hand brake pag nag-park ka. Baka kasi mag stuck up yung wheels ng oto.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
effect of rain on brakes