New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka yung position lang ng mga brake shoe inside ng drums?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    [B]Pareho kelangan patuyuin, but the drums need more time to get dry than the discs.
    thanks ungas

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by scarab
    ....ok naman din ang stopping power ng drums eh. sa corolla cup nga nun sa BRC rear drums pa rin gamit, and those cars were driven the way that you will never be able to drive or abuse yours.

....mas sporty nga lang talaga tignan rear discs.
    Er... back in 1998, when toyota joined the subic races for that year with the AE111, they didn't finished the races because both cars ended up with brake failure somewhere in the middle of the race (overheated the brake system???).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nga brake shoes yan, leading shoe and trailing shoe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda2.... EBD or ABS yung nasubukan mo? :D

To increase braking power in my dad's terrano, we changed the hydrovac to that of the Patrol :D Boom! instant increase in brake power.

anyways, all my rides have four wheel discs. Except for the pajero which has drum in discs for the rear. Even if mas kaunti ang braking load for the rears, i still wont trade my discs for drums.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mbt
    baka nga brake shoes yan, leading shoe and trailing shoe
    Naw... you can't be serious?! Is there such a thing as leading and trailing brake shoe? :whoa:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leading shoe = shoe closer to the front wheel, trailing shoe = shoe closer to the rear bumper...? dalawa kasi yung brake shoes na kumakagat sa drum diba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah I get your point, but what's their point in placing the leading and trailing? All brake drums have 2 brake shoes in it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa marketing brochure ba galing yun? sometimes, the marketing peeps say the strangest things haha :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep! Kala ko nga bagong braking system or something that I should know. Tagal ko na gusto itanong kung ano nga meron dun , lagi ko lang nalilimutan, hehehe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
disc brakes  vs drums