New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have experienced Cruven Fairview a few months back and that would be the first and last that I would ever try that. I would rather buy a new part/parts than having them reconditioned.

I was driving my pickup since I felt that my steering wheel was light and juddering. I brought it to Servitek from inspection and they told me that my inner tie rod and balljoints need to be replaced. I wanted a second opinion but instead of going to my trusted shop/mechanic, I tried to look for an alternative. Then came Cruven. I said I should give it a try. I went there then I told them to check my balljoints and passenger side tie rods if they are indeed needed fixing. After they've removed the tires and inspected everything, they gave me this quote totaling more than 8k! I didn't expect that it would be that expensive coz the quote that Servitek gave me was less than 6k and it even had a discount. I told them just the inner and outer tie rods and balljoints. Then the woman told me right away that they don't replace parts, instead, they reconditioned it. I asked if the performance would be the same as brand new part, she said yes it's the same. There were lots of hammering around, they even lost the clip for my break pad, the mechanic even customized a clip, I was even thinking what have I gotten myself into.

After everything got fixed and paying just above 5k, I insisted for a road test. They let me drive so that I could feel the difference. The mechanic brought me to the subdivision at the back of Cruven Fairview where there are lots of uneven roads. I said I guess it's good now. On my way home, I felt something wrong, the steering wheel is not in the center anymore, the car suddenly veers to the right as if a gust of wind is pushing my car. I went back to Cruven and asked why is it that way, they said it needs alignment. I asked how much, if I could recall, it was around 800 per tire and the woman again told me that they don't use modern technology but they use a rope. That gave me 2nd thoughts already.

I went to Yokohama Tire Center along Commonwealth to have it aligned and I guess I was cursed that day. The mechanic, the one without front teeth seems like he didn't even know how to operate the computer. He said it doesn't need alignment but it needs to be cambered. So I said ok. Then he put a lot of they call it "shingles", he said so that the tires would stand properly. After almost 5 hours there, I went home and when I was just in front of Puregold Tandang Sora, I heard a loud bang then all the things that I was expecting to be fixed, they didn't get fixed plus now the car is uneven, tilted to the right. That's why I heard a bang coz the car fell slightly to the right. I returned to the shop for back job to no avail.

After all of those, I said I had enough. I brought it to my trusted shop/mechanic. I told him I don't care if the car stays here for a month, just fixed it. After 3 days they called me that it's fixed already and the mechanic asked where did I have it fixed since he saw the condition of the ball joints, I told everything to him and he just smiled.

Lessons learned, nothing beats your trusted shop/mechanic. For my experience in Cruven, it wasn't really that bad but I would rather replace a part, particularly for those areas, with a brand new one rather than reconditioning them. If you'll ask me given the second chance to have my car repaired it there, my answer is a BIG NO! I'll just go to my trusted mechanic, though it's farther, I have more peace of mind in them.

This is based from my experience in Cruven Fairview. If you have good experiences with other branches, then good for you. I don't have any idea with Zee but if I think they are almost the same with Cruven so I don't think I will try that anymore.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kung wheel aligment ang pakay mo, I don't highly recommend these shops siguro hindi nga computerized. hindi ko na rin sinubukan eh, sa servitek nalang siguro. but, if you have good reviews, post them here.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mayadong confusing ngayon ang mga nangyayari sa cruven. And this was my experience with cruven-pasig. I'm from marikina at nagpagawa ako last week sa cruven-pasig. So far so good ang experience ko with them. Mura ang labor at satisfied naman ako sa restoration nila ng mga pang ilalim ng car ko. Sigura they improved a lot sa mga nangyayaring mga blogs sa kanila. This is my only wildest opinion with them.

I don't know about Zee kaya ayokong mag comment about them. Sa servitek naman ang gusto ko lang sa kanila ay yung computerized wheel alignment nila at camber.

Para sakin papagawa ulit ako sa Cruven at ire-recommend ko sa mga friends, officemates at relatives ko.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    balak ko pa naman pa gawa auto ko sa cruven makati, sa iba na lang.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I also recommend Zee. huwag lang kayong magpapa-wheel alignment sa kanila dahil hindi computerized.

anyway, dalhin ko Alto ko sa kanila one of these days dahil matindi ang kalampag sa front drivers side, at magbibigay ulit ako nang unbiased review.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    as promised, kanina nagpunta ako sa Zee Carplus para ipa-check ang kalampag nang alto ko sa front drivers side.

mga 8:30am na ako nakarating, at marami na ang nagpapagawa talaga. anyway, sinabi ko problem nang ride ko sa kilala kong mechanic tapos test drive tapos ayun, alam na niya ang culprit.

kulang lang sa grease ang sa brakes ko. and voila, wala na nga yung kalampag na kinatatakutan ko. 300 petot damage.

now, I'm really a satisfied Zee customer. I recommend it this shop. hindi po nila ako binayaran para dito ha hehe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    double post

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    goodpm tsikooters post lang ako feedback sa cruven sucat.

ang galing nung pagkagawa friendly pa yung gumawa ng auto ko at ineexplain niya kung bakit kailangan palitan pinapakita niya na kalog pinapakita rin niya yung mga sirang bushings tapos ineexplain niya kung papaano ito nagpapapanget sa suspension ko tapos ayun bilib ako kasi tinapos niya although lahat ng kasama niya naglulunch na. verygood talaga tapos pauwi na ako nabilib ako sa feel ng auto parang sturdy na siya hindi tulad nung una na parang mejo nawala yung feel nung kalye. im so so so happy lalo na at walang piyesa ang oldskul ko na auto

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    how about cruven makati? anymore solid feedbacks?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi guys, update ko lang. actualy tinest ko talaga tibay ng suspension with sagasa lubak style driving sagasa lubak kaliwat kanan.. at nabilib ako ang tahimik parin talaga at matibay.. nabilib ako..

one bad feedback nga lang hindi nila inaabiso yung customers nila na ialign ang sasakyan pagkatapos.. minsan kasi pagkaganyan mapagkakamalan ng customer nila na lalo nagkatama yung kotse lalo na pag panay kabig..

anyway post pa ako feedback after a year.. para makita natin talaga ang tibay.. pero for now humahanga ako

cruven or zee?