New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    This Nisshinbo brake brand has currently 3 imitation brands in the Philippines.

Imitation of Nisshinbo brakes:

1. Nesinbo
    Attachment 38728

2. Nisshimbo (Nisshinbo with a letter m)
    Attachment 38729
    Attachment 38730

3. NiBK (They added an i in the middle of Nisshinbo's trademark markings on original car maker brake pads which is NBK)
    Attachment 38731
    The original Nisshinbo's packaging:

Old packaging
    nisshinbo-original-1.jpg

New packaging
    37267209_1695435773906642_7956170072500731904_n.jpg

Toyota genuine brake pads for Camry & Rav4 with Nisshinbo's trademark NBK marking
    camry-rav-4-latest-model.jpg

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    The original Nisshinbo's packaging:

Old packaging
    nisshinbo-original-1.jpg

New packaging
    37267209_1695435773906642_7956170072500731904_n.jpg

Toyota genuine brake pads for Camry & Rav4 with Nisshinbo's trademark NBK marking
    camry-rav-4-latest-model.jpg
    Meron ng video nilabas si United Car Club of the Philippines regarding sa Nisshinbo brake pads.

NISSHINBO BRAKE PADS,NASA PILIPINAS NA ! - YouTube

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    How thin should brake pads be before being replaced? The last time I had my PMS in the Toyota casa, they told me my front brake pads were at 6mm and Toyota recommends replacing at below 5mm. They told me that this would probably need to be replaced at the next PMS. Is this advice good?

Also, for the 11th gen Altis, what replacement pads would you recommend. The casa charges quite a bit for the PMS and I want to go elsewhere. The OE Toyota pads are more than 6k so maybe Akebono or some other brand would be as good.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    How thin should brake pads be before being replaced? The last time I had my PMS in the Toyota casa, they told me my front brake pads were at 6mm and Toyota recommends replacing at below 5mm. They told me that this would probably need to be replaced at the next PMS. Is this advice good?

Also, for the 11th gen Altis, what replacement pads would you recommend. The casa charges quite a bit for the PMS and I want to go elsewhere. The OE Toyota pads are more than 6k so maybe Akebono or some other brand would be as good.
    medyo mabagal google ko.
    can you google for the answer, po?

personally, i wait for the warning sound to come on.
    but 5 mm sounds about right.

i get whatever the banawe boys bring.
    the last time, korean daw ang kinabit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i tried searching and iba iba ang advice. some say 3mm and some say wait for the warning sound. thanks for the advice dr.d!

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    medyo mabagal google ko.
    can you google for the answer, po?

personally, i wait for the warning sound to come on.
    but 5 mm sounds about right.

i get whatever the banawe boys bring.
    the last time, korean daw ang kinabit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i tried searching and iba iba ang advice. some say 3mm and some say wait for the warning sound. thanks for the advice dr.d!
    my son, the non-car aficionado, heard the warning screech, but did not think it was something to be worried about.
    by the time i got it, it would have a grinding sound when i stepped on the breaks.
    it cost me about a thousing bucks to have the rotor refaced.
    the break pads alone, already cost me a thousing bucks.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Doesn't the warning screech already mean it's eating into the rotor?

Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it. - Mike Tyson

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

bought sa shoppee a long time yun pang measure ng brake pads, haven't use it.

bale yun greens are 12, 10, 8mm yellows 6, 5 and 4mms while the reds which I supposed dapat na palitan eh 3 and 2mms.

So mukhang tama recommendation ng Toyota sayo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Doesn't the warning screech already mean it's eating into the rotor?

Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it. - Mike Tyson
    well, he heard it but didn't know what it meant.
    some cars have a warning screech when the pads are thin and need replacement.
    for other cars, the sound is already a sign that the metal backing is already rubbing against the rotor.
    normally, i take a peek at the pads once in a while.
    i don't see them regularly, kasi.

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]