New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    suggest ko just let the pms gas stations do it, for brake bleeding and replacement would not cost php250, well worth it plus brake fluid cost of less than 300

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by litocamayo91 View Post
    suggest ko just let the pms gas stations do it, for brake bleeding and replacement would not cost php250, well worth it plus brake fluid cost of less than 300
    Honestly, if i do not get a confirmation here who have successfully done this using the syringe method, baka isabay ko nalang yung brake fluid bleeding sa next pms ko (after 5K kms) tutal ipapa brake cleaning ko na rin tsaka wheel rotation.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    How does that work? I mean, do you need to remove the tires or it is just attached to the brake fluid reservoir? Thanks
    What i did is to completely evacuate the system of the old fluid.. then replace with fresh fluid (changed to DOT4). Removed tires and pump out fluid from bleed valve using the brake line bleed tool.

You can buy the tool and ask your mechanic to do it. Or do the old the tested trick.. pump-hard press-release

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    What i did is to completely evacuate the system of the old fluid.. then replace with fresh fluid (changed to DOT4). Removed tires and pump out fluid from bleed valve using the brake line bleed tool.

You can buy the tool and ask your mechanic to do it. Or do the old the tested trick.. pump-hard press-release
    Thanks for sharing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Went to a shell station last weekend to have my engine oil and filter changed, ATF replacement, and brake fluid replacement via bleeding. They did the oil change using shell oil and vic filter, and replaced ATF using the fluid I purchased from Toyota.

However they suggested that I just perform the brake fluid replacement using a syringe that can be bought from mercury drug then do the top-up using any DOT3 brake fluid. Anyone here who have successfully done this? Are there any risk?
    That method doesn't fully flush the system.

If you're in the QC area and Banawe is accessible, i used to have my brake fluid flushing done at Wheelers Suspension Haus along N. Roxas St. They have a brake dialysis tool that can suck the system clean.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That method doesn't fully flush the system.

If you're in the QC area and Banawe is accessible, i used to have my brake fluid flushing done at Wheelers Suspension Haus along N. Roxas St. They have a brake dialysis tool that can suck the system clean.
    Unfortunately I live in Calamba, and as far as I have read in this forum, can't find a shop nearby that offers brake dialysis.

7. Join Date
    May 2016

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better let the professionals do brake bleeding. A mistake doing this task can lead to death or injury. No kidding.

Me i am a DIY mechanic but when it comes to things like this id rather pay to have it done correctly.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I asked the help of a mechanic to replace the brake pads. Unfortunately, we had a good chat that both of us forgot about the level of the brake fluid. In other words, the fluid spilled.

What I did is, I poured water here:

I was hoping that water will travel slowly all the way where the fluid spilled. Then later, I decided to use a hose to water everything besides it.

Did I do the right thing?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I asked the help of a mechanic to replace the brake pads. Unfortunately, we had a good chat that both of us forgot about the level of the brake fluid. In other words, the fluid spilled.

What I did is, I poured water here:

I was hoping that water will travel slowly all the way where the fluid spilled. Then later, I decided to use a hose to water everything besides it.

Did I do the right thing?
    washing spilled brake fluid with lots and lots water, is the right thing to do.
    brake fluid acts as a paint stripper. get all of it out by using lots of water.
    but be careful that you do not force it into the clutch and/or brake fluid reservoir, and you do not get it onto sensitive electrical parts. be mindful of the pressure.

sabi nga ni hancock, "good job!".
    Last edited by dr. d; July 28th, 2019 at 11:36 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast