New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I prefer RoadForce balancing all 4 always.screenshot_20220226-172344_chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    One of mine has both types (clip on + stick on), fresh from the factory.
    Even the spare, napansin ko may weights din.

Palagay ko pareho lang, although parang mas discreet lang yung clip on. Parehong pwedeng matanggal naman din. And magbabago rin yung balance as the tires wear (this is natural & expected) so when we rotate them, we check the balance and apply corrections kung kailangan.
    But in most cases you'll need to use tape ons for the other parts of the wheel anyway. And as I mentioned the clip ons can only be installed in wheels with a compatible lip like this one:

If your wheels don't have that ear on the lip like this one, tape weights are your only choice.

I'm sure people will have their own preferences whether to go clip on or tape but looking at the 2 pics above the tape ons are definitely more discreet as they are behind the wheel face. More so if you have wheels that are black, bronze or any color other than silver.

As for having weights fall off during use, when hitting a curb accidentally or offroading like this:

You can see how clip ons can be easily removed vs tape ons.

Haven't had a tape on removed pa naman in my 20+ years of motoring.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; February 27th, 2022 at 11:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    one day, i just noticed,
    there was this relatively clean gap in my mag's lip.
    apparently, the old metal clip+tingga, had fallen off recently.

the taped-on weights inside the mag,
    after some time,
    i do not remember anymore, which tyre had what weights,
    or if any had fallen off already.
    "out of sight, out of mind."

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    I noticed the wheel weights on one of my front tires came loose a few weeks back (it was partly peeling off) so I had both front tires balanced na rin, even if it wasn't time for rotation. As I was chatting with the technician, he told me:

"Mabuti pa kayo ser, may mga iba diyan, pati yung rear tires pinapabalance din, di nila alam, nagsasayang lang sila ng pera. Unless may diperensya talaga yung gulong sa likod, bina-balance lang yan pag i-rorotate na sila sa harap"

It was not in their interest to make such claim- siyempre they'd want you to spend more money right? So I found it credible. But what he said intrigued me, so I asked around sa mga shops habang naglalakwatsa sa Banawe minsan and found that most of them are in agreement with what he said. It was a reputable shop whose name I won't mention here (baka akalain endorsment pa) but dealer sila ng well known na tire brand.

I've googled it and iba naman sinasabi (mostly foreign sources) na dapat all 4 tires should be balanced.

Tsikoteers, your thoughts on the matter and/or experiences? Please share.
    I've been in the transportation industry for over 20 years, with a minimum of 16 vehicles at a given time.

I always have all 4 tires balanced to avoid downtime, so when we rotate our tires (every 3mos, which we do ourselves to save P400 and exercise ) we don't have to go back to the shop for a wheel balancing.

Downtime is more expensive than the extra 2 tires if skipped.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just a comment,

to some people, time is money.
    many of us do not remember, or know how to, input that in our decision-making process.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    yes... balancing rear tires are NOT required...

nag-wiggle yung front tires natin because naluwag na yung joints required for it to steer.

if you have 1 unbalanced tire. use it sa old and new car... mapapansin mo na mag "wiggle" yung old car earlier compared to the new car
    I personally tested this during my college days. kaka-tipid. hehehe

However. I personally now balance all my tires, incl the spare. why?
    para madali during tire rotation, since I know all tires are balanced
    in case of 2 or more flat tires outside the city, I can easily tell the vulcanizing guy na kahit anong gulong, pwede gamitin sa harap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12