New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    correct me if im wrong but i think im the 2ND person who have the same problem..
    had my tires filled at bridgestone at the fort global city,
    with supposedly 'constant' nitrogen air
    and guess what, after just a 7km drive it went up by 2psi!
    ok just to double check, i deflated it down by 2 and let it cool for 5 hours
    and then upon returning home, it went up AGAIN by 2psi!!!

so brought it back to them
    their tire gauges showed no increase of psi and then they said i am the first customer who experienced such problems..
    they said it's unlikely that they mixed up the nitro with normal air
    but upon inspection i couldnt find the GREEN or YELLOW labels to determine if its really nitrogen

i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment because i thought maybe my tire gauges is the one not working
    but just before i let things go, i wasnt completely satisfied with their service,
    especially with their service technician 'mr. R'
    i thought he was NOT accomodating..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nitrogen isn't constant... as in no change... it is simply less prone to pressure variance.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    its doesn't mean when you filled up with nitrogen your tire pressure will remain the same. but it will not be as hot as tires with regular air. tire pressure will not fluctuate that big. nitrogen is inert but it does change temperature.

maybe this can help http://www.getnitrogen.org/why/index.php

from that site:

More Predictable Pressure Fluctuation – NASCAR teams use nitrogen so they can more accurately predict tire pressure fluctuation. Regular compressed air can fluctuate considerably when water vapor is present.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    IMO,

From the start pala duda na ako dito sa Nitrogen air na ito? Simple Chinese-made commercial machine na nakakaproduce ng nitrogen air? Daig pa chemical factory eh.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    IMO,

From the start pala duda na ako dito sa Nitrogen air na ito? Simple Chinese-made commercial machine na nakakaproduce ng nitrogen air? Daig pa chemical factory eh.
    Baka may lead!

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Another pic.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Your experimentation is spot on, nothing to worry about.

You drove 7km, tire pressure rose 2psi because you warmed up the tires. When the tires were still warm you deflated the tire 2psi to get your target psi right? So when you drove home, which warmed up the tires again, your tires obviously increased by another 2psi. IMO that's better than what normal air does by increasing pressures by around 4 or 6psi at the maximum.

The way I do tire pressures on my cars is I pump in as much air to increase the psi above my target psi when the tires are cold. Then when I get home I let the car cool down, or better yet the next morning I check the pressures and set them accordingly. Then I run off to do my daily chores, and when I get home it's all good.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the nitrogen mania is another means para kumita ang mga tire shops at auto shops. sa totoo lang in normal driving conditions we don't need nitrogen filled tires. now if you are going to have a long drive everyday the benefits may be considerable if you drive like hell

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Wonder!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sayang pera dagdag gastos lang nitrogen eck eck...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BAD experience with nitrogen tires, bridestone at the fort