New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    kapag disabled ang ABS at biglang preno, mag-lock ang gulong, dudulas sa kalye ang oto, mas mahaba ang stopping distance, kapag minalas bangga ang resulta
    And afterwards, one realizes that spending to make sure the ABS worked well seemed viable after all.

On a related note, ABS saved my car's ass the other morning on EDSA. There was a sudden stop of fast moving traffic on the lane i was on (right before the Rockwell/Estrella corner) and i knew i could stop on time and more importantly, steer clear of the stopped car in front of me. The vehicle behind me locked his brakes and may have rear ended me had i not switched lanes.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    hay naku bakit ganyan mga casa imbes na gamitan ng scan tool (monitor waveform) or better ay oscilloscope ay swaptronic ang ginagawa. kaya resulta trial and error pag minalas malas customer bibile customer ng pyesang hindi kailangan.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    compare the tone rings by counting the number of teeth. also, check the continuity of the sensor. the gap between the sensor and the tone ring is set at 0.020". use the brass blade of the thickness or feeler gauge. the sensor is a magnetic hall effect sensor and the magnet might give you the wrong feel of the gauge drag across the gap
    Interesado ako sa advise mo, i dont know lng how to check the harness continuity, may tester naman ako. Panu ba procedure? Thanks

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    wala nga kung hinay-hinay lang ang pag-preno ...

ABS means Anti-lock Brake System ... gumagana lamang ito kapag biglang preno, para hindi mag-skid ang gulong, at maging mas maikli ang stopping distance

kapag disabled ang ABS at biglang preno, mag-lock ang gulong, dudulas sa kalye ang oto, mas mahaba ang stopping distance, kapag minalas bangga ang resulta
    Annoying at nkakabother talaga pagtingin mo sa gauge dami nka flash na indicator. San po ba maganda magpacheck? May replacement wheel sensor ba or oem lng talga. Tia

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by metal_mulisha01 View Post
    Interesado ako sa advise mo, i dont know lng how to check the harness continuity, may tester naman ako. Panu ba procedure? Thanks
    http://alldatapro.com/alldata/PRO~V3...2168/133531695

check continuity/resistance at point B, for left side or position 1 it will be orange connector resistance between terminal 1
    blu/orn and terminal 2 brn/wht , for right hand or position 2 it will be oraynje connector between terminal 1 grn/blk and terminal 2 blu. check the sensor side. since the last touched area was the bearing, check the lower extremity of the wiring harness and the sensor first.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My problem is the ABS light turn ON and OFF. Sometimes it's On, sometimes it just turns OFF while driving on pave or rough road.
    Car is CRV 4x4 2004 model. Nothing has been replaced, even the brake pads are still of the original and mileage is near 120K kms.

What could possibly be wrong ?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    IIRC new Honda's ay wala ng tone ring, ang gamit nito ay magnetic encoder na sa bearing. either na mali ang bearing or baligtad ang pagkabit. (may kulay ang side ng bearing na may magnetic encoder)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^Probably some dirt stuck in the speed sensor. Have it cleaned lang. Kahit brake cleaner. If the lights come back, then have it scanned. It will point you to what sensor is malfunctioning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12