New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Good pm ask ko lang po kung worth buying pa "well maintained" subaru legacy wagon 1996? At 179,000 km. Thanks! Price is 125,000 PHP

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    The reason I bought a Subaru was quite simply, they had good performance for the money. Although I later found out that turbocharged power was not quite the same as engine displacement power

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The XT is indeed a powerhouse in comparison, but the CX5 has better wheel control over bumpy roads, better rebound control and feels less tippy when you're pushing hard, despite having modest body roll.

The XT feels a bit unwieldy and not very stable, despite the stiffer set-up. It's a crapload better than the CR-V or RAV4, mind and it has lots of grip, but it's not as involving when you're playing fast and loose.

To make a long story short... you can tease the CX-5 into oversteer with a Scandinavian flick if you really try. The XT never really tempts you to go that far.

But the CX5 is nowhere near as fulfilling in terms of raw speed, admittedly.
    Is the CX5 AWD as good as the XV AWD, to your opinion?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Larawanista View Post
    The CX5 is more spacious and luxurious inside when compared to an XV.

But personally, I’d still get a Subaru. Been a loyal customer for almost a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Larawanista View Post
    The CX5 is a better platform than the XV but in terms of AWD capability, Subaru has an edge over Mazda.

They say only two AWD systems are on top in terms of capability. It's Subaru's Symmetrical AWD and Audi's Quattro.

6. Join Date
    May 2011

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Subaru did its homework in actually making the Eyesight technology work

Automated-Emergency-Braking Systems Don't Always Work - Test Results

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Good day, ask ko lang between subaru brz and toyota 86. Ano mas prefer nyo? in terms of reliability? leaning on 86 for the brand lang. in terms sa parts same lang ba sila? Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myturtlejuice View Post
    Good day, ask ko lang between subaru brz and toyota 86. Ano mas prefer nyo? in terms of reliability? leaning on 86 for the brand lang. in terms sa parts same lang ba sila? Thanks

Both the 86 and BRZ share the same platform, engine, and tranny. The only difference is the tuning of the suspension. BRZ's are tuned with a stiffer suspension, better for track use.

Reliability is the same as they are practically the same vehicle with the exception of the badge. Parts are the same for both. If you prefer the T badge, then go for it. If you ask me, I'd go with the BRZ as Subaru will not up-sell you with the useless TRD badges.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Both the 86 and BRZ share the same platform, engine, and tranny. The only.................. I'd go with the BRZ as Subaru will not up-sell you with the useless TRD badges.

Thanks for the input. this will be my daily car if ever. is ground clearance about 4.9 inches? talk to my toyota SA and by order ang 86, 3-5 months daw. My subaru SA readily available sya.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why Subaru?