New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    you guys do know that you can download philippine maps online to some of the available nav right? karamihan din na kilala ko na may navigation dito sa pinas, they bought their garmin in the states and downloaded the philippine map online. just like what you can do on the oem head unit i posted earlier. if you look closely on the pic nasa philippines yon and the map he's using is a philippine map also.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ay naddownload po ba yun? kala ko pag bumili ka ng nav dito sa pinas, may map narin ng Philippines na kasama.. eh ano naman po yung Garmin? 3rd party na nav ba yun?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    If you're going to get one that is based on Garmin, head over to roadguide.ph so that you'll be able to get a map, but that is far from complete. You need to be a contributor, for you to earn the rights to download the complete map.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hindi po ba mavovoid ung warranty if papainstall ko ung OEM navi sa forester?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Depends sino mag install. Kung MI yan, talk to Alvin. Kung hindi MI mag install, you're on your own. BTW, konti lang marunong ng Subaru ha. If they don't know it, you might lose your steering wheel audio controls, they cut the harness (bad trip yun!), mali yung bracket, etc.

You should know which "OEM" Navi you're going to install, kasi hindi pare pareho yan.

Avoid LA Cars at all cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
    hindi po ba mavovoid ung warranty if papainstall ko ung OEM navi sa forester?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
    Depends sino mag install. Kung MI yan, talk to Alvin. Kung hindi MI mag install, you're on your own. BTW, konti lang marunong ng Subaru ha. If they don't know it, you might lose your steering wheel audio controls, they cut the harness (bad trip yun!), mali yung bracket, etc.

You should know which "OEM" Navi you're going to install, kasi hindi pare pareho yan.

Avoid LA Cars at all cost.
    Thanks bro! any suggestion for a good dvd/navi system?? and where can I get it?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Here's my personal take-

I don't watch movies or any 'cast inside my car. Besides, the location will make me turn my head a bit right, downwards, and safety-wise, I don't like it.

I'd get a Garmin W205 for about 5K, and load Roadguide.ph map (the complete one). Keep the stock HU, it sounds good anyway (except for the radio mode).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
    Here's my personal take-

I don't watch movies or any 'cast inside my car. Besides, the location will make me turn my head a bit right, downwards, and safety-wise, I don't like it.

I'd get a Garmin W205 for about 5K, and load Roadguide.ph map (the complete one). Keep the stock HU, it sounds good anyway (except for the radio mode).
    thanks arnoldc!
    oo nga pala regarding sa HU gusto ko kasi yung touchscreen type. Any idea that is suitable for forester xt and yung di mavovoid yung warranty ko with MI.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    When I was still interested in touchscreen, I considered the JVC Kameleon, Pioneer, and Alpine models (sorry, I forgot the exact models na).

Voiding warranty is sure thing when the Subaru wiring harness is cut. Connector i85 is the main audio connector, but there are more.

Dapat may adaptor, pwedeng Scosche or Metra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
subaru nav