New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i need some advice alin bang mas ok sa dalawa? sa performance niya saka gas consumption.. ano bang mas matulin sa kanila?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    the subaru will win in terms of performance but at the price of fuel consumption, afaik, its AWD making it much more heavier than the Lancer GLS, a FWD.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletweight View Post
    i need some advice alin bang mas ok sa dalawa? sa performance niya saka gas consumption.. ano bang mas matulin sa kanila?

The AWD on the Subaru Impreza 2.0R is overkill for its engine's output, but the car is fun to push to its performance boundaries. The AWD makes the tranny heavy. The A/T version is a wet-rag in terms of performance. If you are getting this car, make sure its a M/T.

The Lancer EX GLS is a good drive but lacks a few things to make it a better car. For one, the 16inch wheels makes the car "unsure" of it's handling. Changing to the 18inch wheels found on the GT/GTA cures that problem. Another thing, the GLS lacks the paddle shifters and rear stabilizer. The MX model has these and the price difference is not that big.

As for fuel consumption, the Lancer EX is better because it does not have to deal with the extra "load" of the AWD. The CVT in the Lancer EX makes driving it a smooth experience when driven softly, a quick accelerating monster when you floor the pedal.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, one thing about AWD cars, they have a center differential. In the case of the Impreza, limited slip diff. If your tires are not the same size (either by mismatched wheel size or different tire wear rates for front/rear) you can encounter problems when the center diff tries to lock and release.

This can also be a problem if you have a different sized spare tire. You have to keep speed very low and dont drive far.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree with GH, the awd of the 2.0r is unnecesarry here in the philippines since we don't encouter snow or other severe road conditions. so it really is a disadvantage when it comes to regular driving since the FC is really bad because of it's awd. the only use of the 2.0r's awd here in the philippines is when it's raining hard and climbing up mountains since it lacks power. pero when it comes to build quality the 2.0r has a much better build quality than the lancer, it just feels more solid.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sa gas consumption nya mga ilang liter per km ng subaru? anong top speed ng subaru saka lancer? tnx...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sa gas consumption nya mga ilang liter per km ng subaru? anong top speed ng subaru saka lancer? tnx...
    6-8km/ltr and 210kph ang impreza.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    bos naka subaru kaba? talagang yun na top speed wala na ibibigay? tnx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Fuel consumption:

Subaru Impreza 2.0R
    11.90 (MT, mfg.) 8.33 (MT, test) 12.20 (AT, mfg.) 8.33 (AT, test)

Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA (GLS has same rated manufacturer's km/L)
    10.20 (mfg.) 9.01 (test)

My Lancer EX GLS, I have cruised at 200kph on the SCTEX but that is not yet it's top speed.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    bos naka subaru kaba? talagang yun na top speed wala na ibibigay? tnx
    yup, i'm on my 3rd subaru now. i've never owned an impreza though, what i said was based on feedbacks by other owners.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
subaru impreza 2.0R Sport vs Lancer 2.0 gls???