New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 336 of 341 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3407
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    got this from MI Pilipinas.

Labor
    Timing belt - 8,320
    ATF replacement - 3,120

Parts
    Idemitsu ATF oil - 16,250
    Timing belt kit - 33,874
    Motul oil - 3,920

Total of 65,484

This is excluding the front shock mount, and lower and upper control arm parts and labor which i think will cost me/us another 15k minimum.

Factor in 10% discount will give us 58,935.

Parang net savings ko is around 16,435 or roughly 23%

Hope this helps current and future SH9 owners.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Is Subaru Having A Quality Crisis? | CarBuzz

Excerpts:

It won't be an easy road for Subaru to climb from the near bottom of the quality survey all the way to the top. A report by Subaru's Quality Improvement Committee outlines the scope of the problem with a quadrupling of warranty, recall, and other claims on new vehicles in 2019. Subaru hasn't confirmed the reports are correct but has issued a statement on the matter.

"We acknowledge that over the past year we had more recalls than Subaru would like," a spokesperson said. "We want there to be zero. But when faced with a quality problem, we have been able to move quickly to get ahead of issues that might affect our customers. We learn from every vehicle launch and use what we learn to be a better car company. Our goal is to launch every vehicle with the highest standards of safety, reliability, and quality."
    I am considering a Subaru iL eyesight 2020 vs the CRV gas. Any recall made here in the Philippines for the Subaru 2019? Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    got this from MI Pilipinas.

Labor
    Timing belt - 8,320
    ATF replacement - 3,120

Parts
    Idemitsu ATF oil - 16,250
    Timing belt kit - 33,874
    Motul oil - 3,920

Total of 65,484

This is excluding the front shock mount, and lower and upper control arm parts and labor which i think will cost me/us another 15k minimum.

Factor in 10% discount will give us 58,935.

Parang net savings ko is around 16,435 or roughly 23%

Hope this helps current and future SH9 owners.
    Have you checked with FusionR how much it will cost to do all those things? Baka naman sa kalahati lang gagastosin mo.

Sa ATF pa lang, Motor Image will charge you for replacing all the fluid (12L or more) in the tranny instead of just doing the usual drain & refill (6L).

For engine oil, you can opt to use the Amsoil brand of FusionR for 400 per liter. Unless you really need to run with Motul, any oil within specifications will do.

For the timing belt kit, maybe you can source it outside. It would be much less than 30K.

If you happen to be within the south metro area, you can go to GAT Performance in BF Homes Paranaque.
    Last edited by Egan101; February 6th, 2020 at 10:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Bagel View Post
    I am considering a Subaru iL eyesight 2020 vs the CRV gas. Any recall made here in the Philippines for the Subaru 2019? Thanks!
    The Forester and CRV have a lot of similarities - comfortable crossovers with big interior space and big cargo trunks. The only difference is that the CRV is FWD while the Forester is AWD. The Forester has a higher ground clearance but the CRV is more fuel efficient (lighter, FWD platform). The Eyesight system though is something not all crossovers have which is a plus for the Forester. I am not sure if there are any recalls for both vehicles but you can check online.

Test drive both vehicles and get the one which best fits your needs and the one that sings to you the most.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Forester and CRV have a lot of similarities - comfortable crossovers with big interior space and big cargo trunks. The only difference is that the CRV is FWD while the Forester is AWD. The Forester has a higher ground clearance but the CRV is more fuel efficient (lighter, FWD platform). The Eyesight system though is something not all crossovers have which is a plus for the Forester. I am not sure if there are any recalls for both vehicles but you can check online.

Test drive both vehicles and get the one which best fits your needs and the one that sings to you the most.
    Thanks for the reply!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Have you checked with FusionR how much it will cost to do all those things? Baka naman sa kalahati lang gagastosin mo.

Sa ATF pa lang, Motor Image will charge you for replacing all the fluid (12L or more) in the tranny instead of just doing the usual drain & refill (6L).

For engine oil, you can opt to use the Amsoil brand of FusionR for 400 per liter. Unless you really need to run with Motul, any oil within specifications will do.

For the timing belt kit, maybe you can source it outside. It would be much less than 30K.

If you happen to be within the south metro area, you can go to GAT Performance in BF Homes Paranaque.
    Had mine done sa furion r bai!

The cost you ask? 56k all in including replacement of front shock mounts and bushings.

I think casa uses the dialysis process of changing the ATF kaya they charge us 12L instead of the usualt 4 to 5L.

I also opted for the redline oil, instead of the Amsoil kaya mas mahal. Out of stock din pala si Rotella.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hassle, went to MI gh to have some electrical issues sorted out.

May on going airbag and brake light switch recall din pala.

On the bright side, free naman yung airbag and bls.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Hassle, went to MI gh to have some electrical issues sorted out.

May on going airbag and brake light switch recall din pala.

On the bright side, free naman yung airbag and bls.

May website ba to check if your VIN is included in that recall?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    May website ba to check if your VIN is included in that recall?
    Wala ata abi.

I only found out when they checked my VIN.

As per consumerreports, '09 to '13 fozzys lang. So baka SH9 bodies lang affected.

Better call MI nalang to be sure.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Anyone know a good place to buy 5W30 engine oils for 2018 Forester? I'm thinking of bringing my own this time since my advisor in Subaru EDSA said they only offer the fully synthetic Motul ones.

My vehicle barely traveled 500km the last 6 months so I'm thinking of buying a cheaper alternative, preferably mineral oil types.

Subaru Forester