New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 341 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    First off i have an 06 USDM FXT.. after driving it for a year now here's my review of the FXT so far..

Pros:
    2.5T Boxer (same as the WRX but not the same block as the USDM STi anymore)
    Symmetrical AWD (for me this is the best but don't quote me on this though)
    Ultimate SLEEPER (few drivers out there know how capable this vehicle is)
    Reliability (as most subies are "recall free" again don't quote me on this)
    Quality (Build & Engineering wise)
    Handling (better than your so called SUV's out there remember this is an Impreza based "tall" wagon & be ready for slight understeer)
    Acceleration (even with the 4EAT tranny im pretty pleased with it)
    Safety (5 star crash test ratings) Safety Ratings Safety Rating 2
    Sunroof (damn i love that big sunroof)

Cons:
    Suspension (a tighter suspension would be great like the one in the STi version)
    Stock tires (i don't like the stock tires as they tend to be very whiny in certain conditions)
    Backseats (not very comfy if you have a big family or have kids but i think they're ok for an average "asian" size)
    Steering ( a quicker steering would be awesome like the one in the STi but i guess that's just me)
    Wind Noise (well what do you expect with pillar-less doors)
    Paint (most subaru paints are not that awesome)

What's good with Subaru's is most of their cars share the same platform and parts.. with the 04-07 Forester you can share virtually any parts from the 02-04 WRX/STI as the 05 and up STi has a wider track and diff lug pattern.. but otherwise everything just bolts right on to the FXT with minimal to no modifications needed.

well this is "only" from an FXT owner so whatever decision you'll make goodluck..

Try these sites:
    NASIOC
    SubaruForesterOwnersForum
    Subaru Sales Video<<-- this maybe a little bit biased as this is a video for sales persons use only

Ask ko lang sana what your gas consumption is Km/L? Tsaka can you elaborate more on the back seat space? Would chubby asians be comfy in it if the front seat is moved forward or something?

Thanks. Candidate ko din kasi siya together with the CRV.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Ask ko lang sana what your gas consumption is Km/L? Tsaka can you elaborate more on the back seat space? Would chubby asians be comfy in it if the front seat is moved forward or something?

Thanks. Candidate ko din kasi siya together with the CRV.

from my personal experience...

city = 20 MPG (8.50 Km/L)
    highway = 22 MPG (9.35 km/L)

2 short and chubby asians would be very comfortable sa backseat...3 would be pushing it. anyone over 6 feet with long legs would feel cramped sa backseat, even with the front seats moved forward. but the best way to find out for sure is to go to the dealer and check out the vehicle, maybe even take it for a spin.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i usually get

19 mpg City
    21-22 mpg HWY

yah 3 people in the backseats is not very comfy..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nice guess Paolo.

If and when I do get the Forester, let's trade for one day. Akin X3 mo and you can have the Forester hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've been driving my 2.5L Forester for the past 6 mos. now. Great car! Very responsive! I actually feel that the suspension is just right for our roads here. Oce you've driven one, mabibitin ka na sa iba pang kotse o SUV na ida-drive mo!

So far, just minor complaints lang, interior is so-so, there are some areas na medyo may squeakiness, poppiness; bitin ang steering radius; medyo tight ang leg room sa likod (di bale, sa harap ka naman most of the time...hehehe!).

So far, mixed city and highway driving would net me 7.2km/l to 8.2km/l, I feel na matipid 'to compared to the other SUV's that nets mga 6-7 lang.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ca89056 View Post
    Wow lots of great inputs from everyone. I really appreciate it guys (and girl i assume).

*HBV

Nice avatar. Is that you?
    Hot! Hot! Hot!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    Hot! Hot! Hot!
    HBV = girl?
    She's hot alright..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005

Okay :Off-Topic2: :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ca89056 View Post
    Nice guess Paolo.

If and when I do get the Forester, let's trade for one day. Akin X3 mo and you can have the Forester hehe

ingat ka lang, you might not get your forester back. the forester will spank the X3 in pretty much any category except prestige and luxury.

btw, have you decided yet?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    HBV = girl?
    She's hot alright..
    HBV....OMGHI2U!!! :inlove: :cheekkiss:

Subaru Forester