New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2015

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Malas ng Forester (and XV?) owners hindi pwede i-disable permanently.

Can I disable my Auto Stop-Start?

The Auto Stop-Start can be disabled on your new 2020 Subaru Outback, Forester, Legacy, and Crosstrek. It’s different for each model, and the problem is, on some models like Forester, you cannot permanently disable it. The system will always default to an on position once you turn the car off. So every time you get back in your car, you have to manually disable the system again.

The new Outback and Legacy, does have a feature on its new 11.6-inch touchscreen menu and you can disable the system. When you are on the home screen, push the car icon button to change the settings and then click on “Others” allowing you to turn off the Auto Stop-Start system. The Auto Stop-Start on the new 2020 Subaru Outback, Legacy, Forester, and Crosstrek can be annoying but it will save fuel if you live in an urban area.
    Nice. Meron pa palang display to show how miniscule the gas savings is:

Subaru display shows fuel savings from stop-start

0.071 gals over 1574 mi? Sulit! Lalo na if you consider the wear on the starter and the battery
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; May 24th, 2021 at 05:29 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Kahit sa Mazda newer models hindi naman talaga pwede i-disable permanently yung auto start/stop feature (may workaround kaso pwede maka void ng warranty). Pwede pa din naman i-turn off yung auto start/stop feature with a push button.