New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    Wala sa manual ng subaru yung torque settings so have to check casa siguro...
    Try 98 Nm of torque.

My lugnuts are from Kyo-Ei. They sell lugnuts meant for a lot of car manufacturers (yes even Subaru) and 98 Nm is the lowest torque they recommend, so that should work.

Maximum torque spec for Kyo-Ei's lugnuts is 110 Nm.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

No, don't use any other types of grease. It should be capable of handling high temperature. Typically, copper grease is used to serve as both lubricant and anti-seizing compound.

I still have this lying in the garage that I use on my bikes' brake pads (back side), guide pins and anywhere it requires an anti-seize grease. I've had it for more than 10 years I think that I've forgotten where I bought it from.
    Found the same type at concorde megamall....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Yes, its use is rather rare. The only place I've seen mechanics use a torque wrench on lugnuts is AutoPlus, and they're not exactly your run-of-the-mill garage. If you're interested in buying your own, I got mine at True Value, although not all the branches have it in stock and you might have to do some cross-shopping to see the micrometer type I recommend.

For Japanese cars there are two different thread pitches for lug bolts and lugnuts.
    M12x1.5 is the more common variety used by Mitsubishi, Toyota, Daihatsu, Honda and Suzuki, among others.
    M12x1.25, the smaller thread pitch, is used by Nissan and Subaru (I'm not sure who else).
    This still doesn't explain why you had lug bolt trouble with your Subaru, though...I maintain that if torque is correct, then bad metallurgy is to blame.
    Kung may 2 kinds of thread pitches... Di kaya ito ang problem? Dito pa lang siguradong loose thread na di ba?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    Kung may 2 kinds of thread pitches... Di kaya ito ang problem? Dito pa lang siguradong loose thread na di ba?
    If you still have stock lugnuts I doubt they have the wrong thread size. Cross-threading would usually occur if you swapped out the stock lugnuts for aftermarket ones without matching the thread pitch.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post

If you still have stock lugnuts I doubt they have the wrong thread size. Cross-threading would usually occur if you swapped out the stock lugnuts for aftermarket ones without matching the thread pitch.
    Was able to talk to the SA sa gh... Asked for the torque specs... Unang bigay ay kinulit ko kung tama dahil lumalabas 115Nm... Binalikan nya ako and said 100Nm daw. May pinakita ang print out na supposedly off heir manual... Alrho i coudnt determine kung sa internet din lang nya kinuha yun...

Also asked if putting copper grease was advisable... Di nya alam kung ano yun...

And mukhang common din daw to sa iba... May mga forester na daw na nagkaganito sa kanila.... Pag warranty daw sagot nila... Pag dna under warranty... Bayad client.... Mukhang puwede nila pagakitaan to.... Alam naman daw ng service manager altho di lang alinaw what action they are taking regarding this...,

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Definately not a Subaru issue, but an overtightening issues. It has happened to me twice, neither time on my Subaru, but both times by the same mechanic. The mechanic was lazy and put pipe on the end of the tire wrench to make it easy to tighten, but in doing that, it becomes very easy to over tighten. I now NEVER allow a pipe to be used when tightening lug nuts.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by juliancohen View Post
    Definately not a Subaru issue, but an overtightening issues. It has happened to me twice, neither time on my Subaru, but both times by the same mechanic. The mechanic was lazy and put pipe on the end of the tire wrench to make it easy to tighten, but in doing that, it becomes very easy to over tighten. I now NEVER allow a pipe to be used when tightening lug nuts.
    right!
    pang-truck lang ang breaker bar.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    right!
    pang-truck lang ang breaker bar.
    breaker bar is only for loosening.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i rotated my tires just a few minutes ago. breaker bar to loosen. but i used torque wrench to tighten. manual says 80 ft lbs

even on my bike i use a torque wrench on the important components

yeah beware of those tire place folks who work on trucks

also take note that the torque rating is for dry unlubricated nuts. if you use grease or anti-seize the torque will be different

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    me too, i going to subaru nxt month to have it fixed, buwisit yan servitech bicutan

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
For the Nth time, a broken wheel stud