The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thats my dream car. damn......

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    My coworker has an STi and he still isn't satisfied. He's up to 450hp and still working on bringing up the hp some more.

I've driven it once and yep, there's nothing like AWD on a turbo car. It doesn't quite have the growl of a V8. But, you know the power's there. Subaru Sti's outnumber Mitsu Evo's here by about 3:1. Those blue ones, especially. I think it's because of the Subaru's more robust transmission (Porsche-based?).
    hopefully they solved the tranny problem of the original wrx's back in 2003. i had two friends who had theirs replaced, one at less than 5Kmi and the other at 5Kmi. but driving them is a blast really, awd pushes you back to your seat then as the turbo spools up, it pushes you more.

i just cant get past their fugly looks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Subaru Sti's outnumber Mitsu Evo's here by about 3:1. Those blue ones, especially. I think it's because of the Subaru's more robust transmission (Porsche-based?).
    WRB FTW! marami natakot sa tranny issues ng evo kasi.

i think synchros naman issue ng suby trannies, especially the bug-eye ones...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    WRB FTW! marami natakot sa tranny issues ng evo kasi.

i think synchros naman issue ng suby trannies, especially the bug-eye ones...
    I don't know if that's why. But, my friend has put in another $25k beefing up the hp and transmission in addition to the $32k price of a stock 300hp STi. I don't see the logic in it. But, that's his hobby. He works at a perfomance shop and installs his own mods. He even offered to put in a supercharger in my 3.3L V6 Sonata.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    32K + 25 K = 57K nakakalula ang presyo. For me for the same amount of $$$ I'd rather have a Cayman I know its slower but hey its a CHICK MAGNET.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hmm.. i can smell new converts here...OT . Some people really spending tons of money to add horsepower to the STI with one thing on their mind...straight line racing or to the track maybe which the STI are not really meant. A 300 horses in a rally track is more than enough..what matters now is how to handle it. And those with tranny problems, i think most of them are 'matic which the stupid owners modded the engine to crank few more horses....in a 'matic ?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi
    ser may idea ka kung same price na asa isang thread yung forester2.5 turbo? lupet no? kung 1.6M yon pagiipunan ko yon.
    if they keep the price at 1.6M, that's quite a bargain. it seems like PI is getting the Australian version of the Forester XT, which has more things standard than the ones we get in the US (17" wheels just to name one). FYI, Australia and New Zealand currently has a 3-month (or more) waiting list for the XT. if subaru can keep the price competitive, i have a feeling it will be a hit in the PI as well.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Here's my "stealth fighter" 2006 Forester 2.5 XT

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
my first subaru experience