New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just had my first subaru experience last saturday. and now i understand why this "underrated" japanese logo viciously does form its own 'followers' amidst the american/euro's giants and it's own compatriots.testdrove the wrx and 2.5 forester turbo. we sprint and drove like crazy rallyers. love the roar of the boxer engine, the interior is great for both. ibang klase performance!!!!
    the forester, for my stature is great!!! i can't imagine riding more than 100kph turn just turns and drifit from corner to another in a busy chinese road....pero di ako driver. people just turned their heads, cars and buses stopped thinking somethings wrong with us...hehehehe!!! so test drive pa lang hanep na....one the way home i still can feel my heart tremble, di ko kasi ineexect na ganon gagawin ng agent ng subaru eh..pero excitment n kasunod non.
    di ko pa nagawa or di ko alam kung magagawa mo yon sa ibang brands in it's class on a "stock" level. iba nga yung AWD technology, at lahat daw ng stock nila capable non.

just unbeliveable!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    deym!!!

san yan?kakainggit!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    wish i could drive one of those monster too. also, dont know why im more excited over driving Forester 2.5XT than an Impreza WRX.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    actually im in shenzhen china...but wait for subaru in phil to open next month. talagang kasama daw sa testdrive na ishowoff yung 'potentials' nya kahit stock pa siya.i really recommend that u take a testdrive..kahit for experience lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may display nang subarus sa EDSA!!! deym!!! napatulala ako sa forester turbo kanina! hehehe.

am also thinking of the wrx... palitan lang ng gold rims... then lagyan ng wing... sti look!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ser may idea ka kung same price na asa isang thread yung forester2.5 turbo? lupet no? kung 1.6M yon pagiipunan ko yon.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My coworker has an STi and he still isn't satisfied. He's up to 450hp and still working on bringing up the hp some more.

I've driven it once and yep, there's nothing like AWD on a turbo car. It doesn't quite have the growl of a V8. But, you know the power's there. Subaru Sti's outnumber Mitsu Evo's here by about 3:1. Those blue ones, especially. I think it's because of the Subaru's more robust transmission (Porsche-based?).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i think the transmission has nothing to do with Porsches...

i think its because the main layout of the engine is horizontally opposed.

symetrical AWD!....like them too..too bad, i cant afford even a secondhan legacy right now...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    i think the transmission has nothing to do with Porsches...

i think its because the main layout of the engine is horizontally opposed.
    Ok. Maybe it's just the clutch. We were discussing this over a few beers. Well, more than a few.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
my first subaru experience