New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi
    oo nga konting himas pa kay bossing, heheehehe! kasi we are initially eyeing for sorento.mas roomy kasi kaya type niya. but when i testdrove the forester sabi ko, "this is it!", iba eh!

ser bakit yung 2.5 ver? i thought mas ok yung turbo. yun kasi yung na testdrive ko, please enlighten me on that. may hoodscope rin ba yung 2.5?
    masyado kasing bland yung look pag wala non.

What i meant to say is sana makuha ng Philippine Market yung 2.5 turbo version (EJ25 DOHC) not the 2.0 turbo (EJ20 DOHC) that some other countries still market. In my opinion i like the 2.5 better kasi it has more power & torque up top and pretty stout because of the additional 0.5 liters and it has a lot of potential it responds better to modifications IMO and considering the additonal 0.5 ltrs if ever you decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo there is little or no lag at all and you won't have to boost like crazy as long as its properly tuned. Of course you would need to upgrade to bigger intercooler and larger injectors ecu reflash and a whole bunch of stuff but that is a whole new different story.

The N/A version is the EJ25 SOHC (This one has no hood scoop). The Forester shares the same basic platform as the Impreza and almost evrything bolts right up to the Forester.

Gas consumption is fairly ok. It really is a blast to drive it. Power, Performance & some Luxury. You will never get wrong with the Forester.

Goodluck with your decision este ng BOSS hehehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks guys! bihira yang mga advise na yan...bilang kayo kasi(forester owners), hehehe! can't wait for sept ot oct to come,paguwi namin. i'll be in ur club...... soon.wrx sti dream car ko din, susunod na lang yon, heheheeh!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by iqaruzz
    yuichi, kapag naka turbo yup may hoodscoop din.
    non turbo = no hoodscoop..
    heres an example
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2..._z5/STI%20V10/

yeah please enlighten us- why is the 2.5 version better than the 2L turbo? are you talking about 2.5 turbo or n/a incomparison to 2L turbo?
    2.0, yan yong ginamit sa rally talaga, kumbaga proven and tested sa racing beside from higher quality materials/ component. I think 2.0 has higher rev in lower gear = more fun. I saw a video ( can't remember the website ) "shootout in tsukuba " talo yong 2.5 sa 2.0....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    oo nga balaw ang 2.5 (due to homologations) sa wrc.
    lower gear = more fun, bituka mo mapupunta sa likod na upuan.

yuichi - post us a pic once you get your sti.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    forester bro, sti pangarap na malayo pa yon...cguroi kung binata pa ako pede. anyway sept or oct pa yon, paguwi sa pinas. aaral kasi si mrs for a year at kalingan nya ng oto. honestly sya nga lang gagamit non...tsk, tsk, tsk! kasi babalik din ako d2, pauwiuwi n lang cguro...hehehehe!

but i'll be expecting my new civic here by aug or sept.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i believe the PI is getting two versions of the Forester; the N/A 2.0 (X) and the 2.5 turbo (XT). no 2.0 turbo (GT) or N/A 2.5.

http://www.motorimage.net/PH/showroo...?section=specs

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    that's the beauty of this vehicle. it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. other than the hood scoop, the bland exterior doesn't at all indicate that it's a performance machine, which makes it the perfect sleeper. the face of boy racer when you zoom past him is priceless.
    Kamukha siguro nila ostrich mo sir FXT.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
my first subaru experience