New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    *niky: although nasioc means north american subaru impreza owners club, since it is the biggest subaru forum in the world, the members there aren't just from america and there are also american owners who was a 1999 impreza which is a 2.0. and yes i agree that speedlab and orange are very great tuners, but just like i said it will be cheaper and safer in the long run if he does a swap.
    Just letting him know that we have local people who know the car, as well. ;)

And I agree, as i also stated... safer lang mag-swap (ng car. ) in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    *zeepey: if you want a swap go to fuzionR at e.rod. also i agree with jdrex better to do some suspension mods. i'd rather have a slow car but handles really well than have a fast car that can't turn at all. plus with a proper driver on a lightly modded impreza can outrun an STi on the track. going fast on turns is more fun than going fast on a straight line.
    It's the man, not the machine. :tup: With my heavy-ass car, with simple IHE and chip, on toasted brakes, I was just 2 seconds slower around the track than a modified STI with around 400 ponies. Of course, I had more experience than him... so there...

Focus on working on the suspension, lighten the car a bit, and do simple mods (the chip and headers) to give you a little more punch out of corners, and that's it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thank guys for all your opinions and infos you shared! After some sleepless nights reading on the net, i'll go for the simple and basic engine upgrades and suspension. Baka that alone will renew my enthusiasm with the car hehe...besides, i might sell my car to my brother next year. atleast it stays in the same house . I already purchased a set of springs. Bushings and struts to follow.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Just letting him know that we have local people who know the car, as well. ;)

And I agree, as i also stated... safer lang mag-swap (ng car. ) in the long run.

It's the man, not the machine. :tup: With my heavy-ass car, with simple IHE and chip, on toasted brakes, I was just 2 seconds slower around the track than a modified STI with around 400 ponies. Of course, I had more experience than him... so there...

Focus on working on the suspension, lighten the car a bit, and do simple mods (the chip and headers) to give you a little more punch out of corners, and that's it.

Agree, that's why when i got my sti first thing i did was go to racing school that had 2hr class for 6 days and went to as much track days as i can before i modded it. Now i'm not a great driver yet i still have lots to learn but i can
    hold my ground with a proper car.

Orange is a very good subaru tuner, they evn make thier own mods for a very reasonable price.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sir may bmw 325 ka naman un nalang track car mo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Why would it not be safe to turbocharge a naturally aspirated EJ?

The naturally aspirated EJ is no STi mill... hell... it's not even close to the WRX mill... but a low-boost set-up with about 7-8 psi is relatively safe on that motor.

Speedlab has aftermarket manifolds built to bolt up to the engine already. All you need is to source a turbo and the other parts.

The only problem with turbocharging an NA Impreza is that you will never get the same amount of power as a stock WRX reliably without spending a lot on internals. The N/A Impreza has a higher compression ratio, weaker engine internals and a weaker transmission. If you boost it to the same 14 psi as a stock WRX, expect stuff to break.

At the 8 psi you can run, expect to have around 20 horses less than a stock WRX.

If you want more power, you'll be buying new pistons, new connecting rods (around 100-200k pesos, I believe)... perhaps a reinforced gearbox or a gearbox swap from a WRX or WRX STi... actually... you might just want to buy a WRX engine secondhand and swap it in... or better... swap your car for a WRX.

But if you don't mind being "slow", turbocharging your stock engine is fine. Sayang nga lang pera... you need around 200+k for the base turbokit... then you'll spend another 200k reinforcing everything... might as well just trade-in.

-

N/A mods... full IHE and chip... will probably get you the same WHP as a stock Lancer... ...problem is the AWD is a big drag on the engine... which is why the Impreza really needs a turbo to come alive.

-

Suggestion: Why not trade in for an older Forester XT (the boxy one)? Comes with a stock turbo, a huge trunk, a double sunroof and an automatic. The four-speed AT and stock bottom-end can take 400 hp.
    safe po talaga kung 7-8psi lng for DD use lng namn?ok na sakin un...i want extra power on my 2.0r nabibitin na kc ako sa stock pull...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_kid View Post
    safe po talaga kung 7-8psi lng for DD use lng namn?ok na sakin un...i want extra power on my 2.0r nabibitin na kc ako sa stock pull...
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format & grammar.

Read the RULES.

Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AT or MT? If it's MT, possible. If it's AT, possible still, but I'd advise against it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    AT or MT? If it's MT, possible. If it's AT, possible still, but I'd advise against it.
    MT po sir...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    MT po sir...
    Turbocharging is possible. At light boost, you can probably get another 50-60 hp at the wheels.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Turbocharging is possible. At light boost, you can probably get another 50-60 hp at the wheels.
    anu po ba pwede turbo sa 2.0r?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
EJ20 N/A to T?!