New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dartz View Post
    Hi guys, im eyeing to buy a second hand Subaru Impreza Hatch as to my spirited and car show type car. my budget as of now is 500k-600k saw some looks good units on OLX. Any checklist to look out for when checking out the car and any specific year or variant I should look into na much better compare to other units. I'm eyeing for 2013 onwards model if ever.
    See my post, 1st page.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I noticed lately that the thermostat on the forester iP switches on and off frequently. I did not use Auto-temp and the fan is on 2. Is this normal or a symptom of a bigger problem?

Mr. BIG?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I noticed lately that the thermostat on the forester iP switches on and off frequently. I did not use Auto-temp and the fan is on 2. Is this normal or a symptom of a bigger problem?

Mr. BIG?

Bro, ilang months na ba yung Fozzie mo? Did you observe any other issues? Di kaya kelangan na ng new battery?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bro, ilang months na ba yung Fozzie mo? Did you observe any other issues? Di kaya kelangan na ng new battery?
    1 year and 3 months na bro. So far un lang napansin ko na unusual. You can feel the shudder kasi pag on ng thermostat.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    1 year and 3 months na bro. So far un lang napansin ko na unusual. You can feel the shudder kasi pag on ng thermostat.

Try to get the temperature sensor inside the cabin to be checked (bottom of the dash beside the steering wheel if I remember correctly). Baka madumi lang at nahaharangan kaya hindi accurate ang readings niya. Na-try mo na bang i-todo ang thermostat to the coldest to see if the frequent on/off still happens? O kaya itodo sa pinakamainit na setting para hindi siya mago-on dapat at all?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Good pm ask ko lang po kung worth buying pa "well maintained" subaru legacy wagon 1996? At 179,000 km. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Well my experiance, quite simply was, turbo charger, turbo charger, TURBO CHARGER! You gotta look out for that one.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by juliancohen View Post
    Well my experiance, quite simply was, turbo charger, turbo charger, TURBO CHARGER! You gotta look out for that one.
    As with any car with a turbocharger, either gas or diesel, utmost care and maintenance is needed or else it going to cost you a lot to fix it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi,

Just wish to ask if it's normal to hear a howl noise when running around 15kph below? I'm not sure if this was present before. Vehicle is 2017 Forester 2.0iL and only has 600+km in the odo. TIA.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    Hi,

Just wish to ask if it's normal to hear a howl noise when running around 15kph below? I'm not sure if this was present before. Vehicle is 2017 Forester 2.0iL and only has 600+km in the odo. TIA.
    No, it is not normal. Have you checked if all windows are closed?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems