New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Never encountered or heard of this stud bolt problem before. Sounds like a bad batch of studs. Disappointing not to mention hazardous. I'd insist on replacement of all studs by the dealer.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow those are major repairs for a relatively low mileage car....medyo naapektuhan yung pagkakagusto ko sa XV.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow those are major repairs for a relatively low mileage car....medyo naapektuhan yung pagkakagusto ko sa XV.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    ^wowiesy complained about wheel studs earlier. is it the same thing? here's the thread -->http://tsikot.com/forums/subaru-cars...el-stud-91082/

- - - Updated - - -

^wowiesy complained about wheel studs earlier. is it the same thing? here's the thread -->http://tsikot.com/forums/subaru-cars...el-stud-91082/

nope, totally different problem from mine. One of my front left hub bolt wasn't sheared, it was stripped, or na-loose thread so di na pwd gamitin, need to replace with a new stud. Buti na lang mura pagawa sa fusion r... pero bumili na rin ako sa casa ng spare stud and nut... 250 for the stud, 150 for the nut.... sa fusion r, 200 for labor and materials plus 100 tip for the mechanic

my other problem is persistent loosening of 2 studs on my right front wheel so pinapa-check ko na lang lagi, i bought a torque wrench na...

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hi! New to the forums and this thread. No one has posted in this thread for a while, but I'd like to contribute my own experience. Bought my XV 2.0i Premium CVT last April 30 and took it home May 1, 2014. Last Saturday, the computer started flashing "Change Engine Oil," "Change Oil Filter," "Time for Maintenance" which alarmed me. I brought it in to the casa the other day and it turns out they forgot to reset the computer before releasing. Just a tip for new Subaru owners, if your unit has a computer, make sure they reset it before giving it to you.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Also, some reviews say that the side mirror of Subaru (passenger side) has a curve that makes it not ideal for merging situations compared to other vehicles' side mirrors. I always check my blind spots anyway and am extra cautious, but what are your thoughts on this issue?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've been driving my XV for just a week and I'm hearing rattling, squeaky sound all around. I'll be bringing my car back to tighten all the screws. It sounds like that's the problem. I love the car but I'm a bit disappointed...

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sbol79 View Post
    I've been driving my XV for just a week and I'm hearing rattling, squeaky sound all around. I'll be bringing my car back to tighten all the screws. It sounds like that's the problem. I love the car but I'm a bit disappointed...
    Whoa, that is really disappointing, ha. I would feel the same if I were in your shoes. Which Subaru dealer did you buy from? Ako naman ang naging issue after one week was the computer because they forgot to reset it before they released it to me. So after a week it was asking me to chnage engine oil and sched for maintenance service na. They reset it sa casa and so far no other issues. I hope. It's been 24 days since I've driven my XV.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Update: brought my car to fort for check up on the sounds, but when I took it out, the sounds were still there and I think I'm hearing more sounds now than I did before. It's really annoying! And what's worse, there's also a loud spring sound and another sound that sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the car that happens once or twice a day. I'm trying to pin point at what driving condition it happens but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't sound normal. I will need to bring it back in to the CASA for the second time in a span of 3 weeks, with Only less than 400km ran. Would anyone know what the problem is? I don't know how I'm going to explain in the CASA and the noise might not come out when they test drive the car.

Which CASA do you guys suggest I go to. Is Fort a good one? Or would it be better in Greenhills?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Also, does your breaks make noise when you step on it during a slight uphill or downhill? Not sure if it's normal but I don't like the sound. When I mentioned it to the CASA when I brought it in on my second week of owning the car, they said they'll check on it. But they didn't tell me if it was normal or not. Even after check up, the breaks still makes the same sound. I just want to know if this is normal.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sbol79 View Post
    Update: brought my car to fort for check up on the sounds, but when I took it out, the sounds were still there and I think I'm hearing more sounds now than I did before. It's really annoying! And what's worse, there's also a loud spring sound and another sound that sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the car that happens once or twice a day. I'm trying to pin point at what driving condition it happens but there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't sound normal. I will need to bring it back in to the CASA for the second time in a span of 3 weeks, with Only less than 400km ran. Would anyone know what the problem is? I don't know how I'm going to explain in the CASA and the noise might not come out when they test drive the car.

Which CASA do you guys suggest I go to. Is Fort a good one? Or would it be better in Greenhills?
    These sounds aren't normal -- not for me at least. And the brakes shouldn't squeak when going uphill/downhill pero syempre the pedal might have a slight sound. Next time you take it to the casa talk to a new service supervisor mismo and don't leave until naipakita or naiparinig mo ang mga sounds sa kanila. Do a test drive with them. Go to the casa where you bought the car kasi sila ang mas accountable dyan. Hope these things get resolved soon for you.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems