New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Hi all,

Now that there's an increasing number of posters in this sub-forum, I propose that we list down the common problems we experience with our Subbies. This should exclude: (a) all regular PMS costs - e.g. change oil, filters, parts which have to be changed due to wear and tear and (b) those caused by accidents, collisions etc.

I think we can include some work done during PMS or other times if the change/repair/replacement occurs earlier than most cars - e.g. rotors which are damaged even if replaced by warranty, replacing power steering mechanisms, belts if done early in a car's life (for example, my RAV4 is more than 8 years and 80,000 kms old and this has never been done).

I hope this does not end up to be a "scare" thread, which will discourage potential owners, but a way for us to anticipate problems, propose solutions and save up on potential gastos.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    very nice idea

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    * 10k kms <- refaced front rotors for free, wiggling when braking.
    * 30k kms <- Ball Joint Assembly = P4,606
    * 40k kms <- V-Belt (ac and alternator belt)
    * 50k kms <- power steering control valve *P26,468 + Stabilizer bushings + Steering Rack repair kit * P2,094

Impreza 2.0R 2008 M/T

Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    * 40k kms <- V-Belt (ac and alternator belt)
    * 50k kms <- power steering control valve *P26,468 + Stabilizer bushings + Steering Rack repair kit * P2,094

Impreza 2.0R 2008 M/T
    Thanks for this! Most of the posters here have new cars, so it's always good to get posts from those who have driven more than 5,000 kms

Re: power steering issue

I've seen a few other owners in the subaru forums (scp and subysoc) post about power steering issues as well, starting from about 3 years onwards or around 30,000 kms. Php 30-35,000 up ang usual damage inclusive of labor.

Is your car already using the electronic power steering system or hydraulic? I think the 2012 models already have the EPS. Wonder if this problem will still hold true for the newer models.

V-Belt

How much for the V-Belt, if you can recall?

Also, from the mileage, is it safe to assume that your car is a daily driver?
    Last edited by April_Ryan; December 28th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Good thread!

Istan were you tracking the car? 10T KM is early for a rotor reface.

AR, hope you are right about the EPS for 2012 units.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I drive calmly, usually under 2.5k rpm, mostly under 2k rpm. Daily driven sya.

Hydraulic power steering ang akin.

* 40k kms = P36,020 <- PMS + all the fluids (atf, engine oil, gear oil, coolant) + Front Brake Kit + V-Belt (ac and alternator belt) + labor at P4k

Mga P12k ata yun V-Belt.

* desmosedici
    10T km for rotor reface was early, but I can't take the shuddering when braking. After the reface, no more shuddering until now at 52k kms.
    Last edited by istan; December 29th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think it would be nice too if the poster indicates whether the unit was driven hard or calmly

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hi! New to the forums and this thread. No one has posted in this thread for a while, but I'd like to contribute my own experience. Bought my XV 2.0i Premium CVT last April 30 and took it home May 1, 2014. Last Saturday, the computer started flashing "Change Engine Oil," "Change Oil Filter," "Time for Maintenance" which alarmed me. I brought it in to the casa the other day and it turns out they forgot to reset the computer before releasing. Just a tip for new Subaru owners, if your unit has a computer, make sure they reset it before giving it to you.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Also, some reviews say that the side mirror of Subaru (passenger side) has a curve that makes it not ideal for merging situations compared to other vehicles' side mirrors. I always check my blind spots anyway and am extra cautious, but what are your thoughts on this issue?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've been driving my XV for just a week and I'm hearing rattling, squeaky sound all around. I'll be bringing my car back to tighten all the screws. It sounds like that's the problem. I love the car but I'm a bit disappointed...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems