New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Hi all,

Now that there's an increasing number of posters in this sub-forum, I propose that we list down the common problems we experience with our Subbies. This should exclude: (a) all regular PMS costs - e.g. change oil, filters, parts which have to be changed due to wear and tear and (b) those caused by accidents, collisions etc.

I think we can include some work done during PMS or other times if the change/repair/replacement occurs earlier than most cars - e.g. rotors which are damaged even if replaced by warranty, replacing power steering mechanisms, belts if done early in a car's life (for example, my RAV4 is more than 8 years and 80,000 kms old and this has never been done).

I hope this does not end up to be a "scare" thread, which will discourage potential owners, but a way for us to anticipate problems, propose solutions and save up on potential gastos.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    very nice idea

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    * 10k kms <- refaced front rotors for free, wiggling when braking.
    * 30k kms <- Ball Joint Assembly = P4,606
    * 40k kms <- V-Belt (ac and alternator belt)
    * 50k kms <- power steering control valve *P26,468 + Stabilizer bushings + Steering Rack repair kit * P2,094

Impreza 2.0R 2008 M/T

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think it would be nice too if the poster indicates whether the unit was driven hard or calmly

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    * 40k kms <- V-Belt (ac and alternator belt)
    * 50k kms <- power steering control valve *P26,468 + Stabilizer bushings + Steering Rack repair kit * P2,094

Impreza 2.0R 2008 M/T
    Thanks for this! Most of the posters here have new cars, so it's always good to get posts from those who have driven more than 5,000 kms

Re: power steering issue

I've seen a few other owners in the subaru forums (scp and subysoc) post about power steering issues as well, starting from about 3 years onwards or around 30,000 kms. Php 30-35,000 up ang usual damage inclusive of labor.

Is your car already using the electronic power steering system or hydraulic? I think the 2012 models already have the EPS. Wonder if this problem will still hold true for the newer models.

V-Belt

How much for the V-Belt, if you can recall?

Also, from the mileage, is it safe to assume that your car is a daily driver?
    Last edited by April_Ryan; December 28th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Good thread!

Istan were you tracking the car? 10T KM is early for a rotor reface.

AR, hope you are right about the EPS for 2012 units.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I drive calmly, usually under 2.5k rpm, mostly under 2k rpm. Daily driven sya.

Hydraulic power steering ang akin.

* 40k kms = P36,020 <- PMS + all the fluids (atf, engine oil, gear oil, coolant) + Front Brake Kit + V-Belt (ac and alternator belt) + labor at P4k

Mga P12k ata yun V-Belt.

* desmosedici
    10T km for rotor reface was early, but I can't take the shuddering when braking. After the reface, no more shuddering until now at 52k kms.
    Last edited by istan; December 29th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Just 2 weeks after I bought my FXT, I noticed some rattles coming from the tailgate and rear seats. Very minor but an irritant considering the car was brand new. Had all these checked during my 1600 km check-up and after some tightening of screws and bolts, the rattles were gone. Not sure if that's a common problem, but if several other owners have experienced it, then I guess it can be considered as common.
    Last edited by JackFlash; December 29th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i had to replace a hub bolt at 7000km... only found out about it when i went for a tyre rotation, unfortunately it was the 31st of Dec so walang makunan ng piyesa... had to drive it with 4 bolts only, safe pa naman sya loose thread na, di matanggal through usual means so i had no choice but to force it out

i've lost 2 lug nuts on my front right rim already kahit naka-torque sya nang maayos... had to buy a torque wrench... napansin ko lang yung 2 lumuluwag parati look totally different from the ones na walang issue... hayz...

i drive it hard... i mean really hard... 5 track days in 7000km... it's a 2.5LGT nga pala...

^wowiesy complained about wheel studs earlier. is it the same thing? here's the thread -->http://tsikot.com/forums/subaru-cars...el-stud-91082/

- - - Updated - - -

^wowiesy complained about wheel studs earlier. is it the same thing? here's the thread -->http://tsikot.com/forums/subaru-cars...el-stud-91082/

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Common Subaru problems