New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    The bigger mazda 6 with 2.5T is priced at 2.2M I think. If they'd release the Mazda 3 with 2.5T, I think it would be lesser or equally priced to the WRX.
    You forgot to consider that the usual Mazda3 and Mazda6 are both FWD. Putting an AWD system on a compact or midsize sedan increases the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You forgot to consider that the usual Mazda3 and Mazda6 are both FWD. Putting an AWD system on a compact or midsize sedan increases the price.
    With the current local lineup it makes more sense to bring in the CX30 or CX5 turbo which incidentally will replace the discontinued turbo Fozzie. The CX5 turbo is already available in Malaysia as a CKD.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013

As a reference, the difference between the FWD and AWD CX9 is 200k. Assuming the production cost of the mazda 3 2.5T is lesser compared to a mazda 6, then add the 200k AWD system, it can probably be priced less or equal to the WRX base model. Unless mazda PH becomes greedy.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think the only direct competition of the WRX is the Toyota Yaris GR.
    But its a bit more expensive at over 2.6M and good luck trying to get one.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    As a reference, the difference between the FWD and AWD CX9 is 200k. Assuming the production cost of the mazda 3 2.5T is lesser compared to a mazda 6, then add the 200k AWD system, it can probably be priced less or equal to the WRX base model. Unless mazda PH becomes greedy.
    Just read cx5 now has a turbo AWD variant. Any hope for a mazda 3 awd turbo kaya... 🤔

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just read cx5 now has a turbo AWD variant. Any hope for a mazda 3 awd turbo kaya... [emoji848]
    2.38M for the CX5 AWD Turbo - around similar performance as the Forester XT with a little less cargo space but very pretty.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    2.38M for the CX5 AWD Turbo - around similar performance as the Forester XT with a little less cargo space but very pretty.

That's a good buy 5 years from now, lols. Just like the old XTs at less than 1M nowadays.

Too much for a compact CUV * 2.4M.

But at least it's one of the most powerful in the segment and it's now locally available.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Ganda.. pero mehel.. hehe.. tsaka masikip ang rear.. sana longer wheelbase para maluwag ng konti likod..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013

unlike the forester XT though, it's actually being sold new here, now. in 2022.

anyway, the point is mazda can probably price a mazda 3 AWD turbo for less than the WRX.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast