New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Watching that video, just wondering what exactly ang contribution ng Toyota in development of the Car? Engine definitely Subaru and most probably underpinnings..Baka body Shell ang Toyota?
    On the engine side, mostly Subaru. On the direct injection system, si Toyota ang nag develop. That's why may naka print na "TOYOTA D-4S BOXER SUBARU" sa engine cover ng BRZ/86.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    On the engine side, mostly Subaru. On the direct injection system, si Toyota ang nag develop. That's why may naka print na "TOYOTA D-4S BOXER SUBARU" sa engine cover ng BRZ/86.

I've read(well the google translate that is) in toyota's japanese press release that there was a debate on how to meet Toyota's 200PS power target as subaru originally intended the then indevelopment FB20 to be used as is in the project as they werent aiming for a high specific output for an entry sports car and just wanted the lower center of gravity afforded by the boxster and suggested increasing displacement with which toyota countered that a slightly larger bore plus adding D4-S would allow them to hit their targets.

Toyota 86 Debut Press Brochures Reveal Special Editions/Models? (Full Scans) - Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Also posted in the Toyota section

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    May mga sections yung SCTEX at TPLEX na walang nagbabantay, even more so at night. You can push your car to its limits if you have the nerves to do so. The stretch between Clark and Floridablanca at SCTEX is one such area. Halos everyone goes at 120kmh or higher out there.

No big difference in driving your car at 150kmh or faster. It just gets noisier. There are a few people here in Tsikot who have the nerves to push their cars to their limit. I know only a few people who have driven their rides up to 250kmh or even faster. Yung FXT ko lang I have brought to over 200kmh but most of our other rides just to 190kmh. Yung Civic RS alam ko kaya up to 210-215kmh but ayaw ipagamit sa akin ng bayaw ko kasi kinakabahan na yun at 140kmh.

Yung Kia Stinger GT sedan, I test drove it at SCTEX last year. I was a bit cautious as it was raining hard and there were four of us in the car. However, I pushed the car to 190kmh and I didnt want to go further as I might slide the car. If it was a dry day, I guess the car can easily do 250kmh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mas masarap ihataw kung may pasahero ano, mas stable. hehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mas masarap ihataw kung may pasahero ano, mas stable. hehe
    Just don’t Show them the speedometer. Hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Just don’t Show them the speedometer. Hahahaha

Baka magka-dent yung flooring ng tiskot.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast