New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    It's also the first time that my wiper fluid empty light turned on. What do I need to use to refill this?
    water will do.. pero kung OC ka like me, i use wiper washer fluid.. hehe mas ok sa tingin ko kasi madulas yung wiper.. hindi maingay

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If wiper does not wipe smoothly when using water ... then wiper must be changed or windshield is dirty ... usually it's the wiper ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    So no real advantage of using specific wiper washer liquids?

I forgot to mention that yes the casa does refill the wiper washer during pms. I meant it's the first I will do it outside the casa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    So no real advantage of using specific wiper washer liquids?

I forgot to mention that yes the casa does refill the wiper washer during pms. I meant it's the first I will do it outside the casa.
    i believe the wiping effectiveness is a reflection more of the wiper blade than the wiper liquid.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I refilled my windshield washer liquid tank with 2 x 2000mL Microtext fluid and I'm surprised it's still not full! If the manual does not indicate tank capacity for this liquid, how will I know?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I refilled my windshield washer liquid tank with 2 x 2000mL Microtext fluid and I'm surprised it's still not full! If the manual does not indicate tank capacity for this liquid, how will I know?
    may marker ng level of fluid yan, either on the neck of the filler hole, or thru a dipstick in the cap or in the filler neck

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Finally, I will have my car serviced in Fusion R tomorrow. However, the attendant is asking me if I want to have the "thermostat" of my car changed as well (for the cooling system and is located under the water pump). She's saying that they usually recommend doing this after 40K Km. Their quotes are:

Thermostat - 1,700
    Coolant/distilled - 900
    Labor - 2,500

So the coolant is partnered with the thermostat. In the previous pages of this thread, I decided to hold off replacing the coolant. So I'm not sure if the thermostat really needs to be changed. Thoughts?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Replacing the thermostat means replacing the coolant as well. Do this in one go.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Replacing the thermostat means replacing the coolant as well. Do this in one go.
    Right, that's what they told me. So I guess I can hold both off for now. I also asked Motor Image and their recommendations are:

50K Km - coolant replacement
    Radiator assembly plus thermostat - when worn out

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Finally, I will have my car serviced in Fusion R tomorrow. However, the attendant is asking me if I want to have the "thermostat" of my car changed as well (for the cooling system and is located under the water pump). She's saying that they usually recommend doing this after 40K Km. Their quotes are:

Thermostat - 1,700
    Coolant/distilled - 900
    Labor - 2,500

So the coolant is partnered with the thermostat. In the previous pages of this thread, I decided to hold off replacing the coolant. So I'm not sure if the thermostat really needs to be changed. Thoughts?
    not sure.. but based on my previous coolant changes, at 40k kms, it still clean.. this is for my kia picanto using the green coolant same with my mitsubishi adventure at 100k kms.. coolant still clean.. no rust or any noticeable corrosion

even our toyota altis clocking at 200k kms! i changed its coolant hoses as part of preventive maintenance eh.. nagulat ako, no rust or any corrosion or build-up sa loob..

is the water pump can be easily replaced? some cars need water pump replacement as part of the timing belt maintenance.. to avoid nga yung masira ang water pump with the new timing belt..

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast