New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 138 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1521
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I'm waiting for that autolock module too. Is there any news for a version that will work for our 2018 XV's?
    I asked the seller and it's a no-go.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I asked the seller and it's a no-go.
    Do you mind PM'ing who this seller is so that I can monitor and follow up with him also?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by techd View Post
    is it the previous gen Forester sir? I think our dealership here is still offering the 200k discount for the XT.
    Yes, I have the previous gen Forester XT. If performance is something you are keen on, then the Forester XT will surely satisfy your need for a fast and sporty CUV.

Going back to the XV, it is larger than its competitors (Ecosport, Trax, HRV, CX3, ASX) and it is the most well-equipped but it is also the most expensive.

I'm adding the top of the line XV to my shortlist (along with the 2019 Forester mid-trim) because the latter has practically no discount. And there's going to be roughly 90K difference between the 2. The XV will have sunroof and maybe the autoseats? Apart from the size, is there any other feature in the Forester mid-trim which isn't in the XV?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    I'm adding the top of the line XV to my shortlist (along with the 2019 Forester mid-trim) because the latter has practically no discount. And there's going to be roughly 90K difference between the 2. The XV will have sunroof and maybe the autoseats? Apart from the size, is there any other feature in the Forester mid-trim which isn't in the XV?
    I saw the 2019 XV TOTL just below the GT spec. its got all the goodies without the additional body panels. Its got rear crosstraffic alert and android auto. I think it also has the rear emergency braking? not sure. though

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Apart from the size, is there any other feature in the Forester mid-trim which isn't in the XV?
    Rear cross-traffic alert ...

Quote Originally Posted by techd View Post
    According to the SA i tallked to, there will be no changes. But they will only be offering 2 variants..the entry level and the one with eyesight. I dont know how true this is.
    The SA I talked to says the "only" change will be the change in HU. Di na daw Harman Kardon but Panasonic. And no more Apple or Android Auto.

For those who own the XV with Eyesight (or the Forester with Eyesight), talaga bang no tint in the windshield? Not even the clear one (just for heat/UV protection)?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And no more Apple or Android Auto.
    Big step backward IMO. And here comes Mazda with the Carplay/Android Auto they promised 5 years ago.

They've been talking about this Panasonic "upgrade" since we got our base model back in Nov 2017.

I just realized that I started this thread in June 2017 (the backstory being that I wanted an XV in 2012 but I ended up with a Forester because the XV had just been introduced at that time and had a long waiting list)

I am pleased to say that I got the Subaru XV with eyesight (the red one). and it's like I've gone full circle. I'm quite happy with my choice - I had originally wanted to change brands, maybe a Mazda or a Honda for a change - but I think I had unfinished business with the XV so I just had to get one. Maybe I'll do the switch if I get the chance to buy another car 6-8 years from now

I haven't had the chance to drive it much. I hope mas matipid siya than my 2012 Forester. Haha. Also, I will try out the "no tint on windshield" option, and see if I can withstand the summer heat.

Btw, the HU is now Panasonic - I will try to figure out how to get Android Auto to work.