New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 119 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by armanjr View Post
    Question on the Forester 2.0il: Can the Average Fuel Consumption display be changed from Average L/100km to Ave KM/Liter? I saw on the XT that their display have this option.
    I would also like to know how this is done.

Fuel consumption of a diesel at the same engine displacement should be better than petrol.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think this apply only sa XT. I was doing the same thing but nothing changes. Regarding the KM/L hoping we can have a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DJames View Post
    Sirs, have anyone tried changing the content of the driving info display sa harap. read the manual. ang sabi if you press the knob may changes daw sa infos ng display. I tried pero it changed to trip A or B lang. Or maybe mali lang ang pag basa ko sa manual?? Can we change the Km to Liters sa average fuel consumption? Thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DJames View Post
    Sirs, have anyone tried changing the content of the driving info display sa harap. read the manual. ang sabi if you press the knob may changes daw sa infos ng display. I tried pero it changed to trip A or B lang. Or maybe mali lang ang pag basa ko sa manual?? Can we change the Km to Liters sa average fuel consumption? Thanks in advance.
    Sir I think there are 2 knobs sa instrument cluster. The one on the left changes the trip meter, but I think there's another one on the right that controls the fuel consumption display and clock for the 2.0i. I am not sure though if it can change the L/100km reading into km/l.

Question on the Forester 2.0il: Can the Average Fuel Consumption display be changed from Average L/100km to Ave KM/Liter? I saw on the XT that their display have this option.
    I've been looking for this option on my XT and haven't found out how to do it as well. However, for the 2.0i, as stated above, you may want to try using the right knob on the instrument cluster. The XT also has this right knob and I tried pressing it but it does nothing. I think this knob is for the 2.0i model.

Finally Got my 2.0iL last Monday. Been driving it around the city and had 80KM. Fuel Consumption from Marikina to UST area is 18.2L/100km or 5.49KM/Liter. Traffic was moderate to heavy. Was expecting around 8KM/L, di yata to possible. Still have to test on the highway.
    Using the same route on our 2009 Fortuner and I got 6.5KM/L
    Sir, on stop and go heavy traffic conditions, there really isn't anything you can do this car will drink fuel like beer during octoberfest I got as low as 3.5km/l on a really bad traffic condition in Binondo one time. On these conditions your diesel fortuner will definitely outperform the forester. However, where this car will do well is during light to moderate traffic conditions where traffic is moving and you have control of your car.

I also found that through the MFD econ readings of the XT, that I am able to drive more efficiently with this car. My FC has been improving little by little, and I think your 2.0i can outperform the XT and get a better overall average once you get into better traffic conditions.

Just yesterday, I traveled around 80kms going to and from Quezon City, Paranaque, Pasay, and Makati (2-3x in between) and got an overall average 8.77km/l for the day. Went as high as >10km/l during the morning as well. Granted it was a holiday yesterday, so traffic was lighter than usual, but I think it just shows that with the right traffic conditions it is possible to get a pretty good FC with the car

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by supermanila View Post
    Sir I think there are 2 knobs sa instrument cluster. The one on the left changes the trip meter, but I think there's another one on the right that controls the fuel consumption display and clock for the 2.0i. I am not sure though if it can change the L/100km reading into km/l.
    That's correct there are two knobs tried both using different combinations while holding the manual in hand but to no avail. The display will not change to KM/L

I've been looking for this option on my XT and haven't found out how to do it as well. However, for the 2.0i, as stated above, you may want to try using the right knob on the instrument cluster. The XT also has this right knob and I tried pressing it but it does nothing. I think this knob is for the 2.0i model.
    Ganun ba, I thought i saw something sa page 3-42 nung manual. I checked it today and indeed walang info for KM/L. Confusing kasi yung nasa page 3-36 where it has info form AVG km/L. I'll ask the Service Advisor on my 1,600 checkup.

Sir, on stop and go heavy traffic conditions, there really isn't anything you can do this car will drink fuel like beer during octoberfest I got as low as 3.5km/l on a really bad traffic condition in Binondo one time. On these conditions your diesel fortuner will definitely outperform the forester. However, where this car will do well is during light to moderate traffic conditions where traffic is moving and you have control of your car.

I also found that through the MFD econ readings of the XT, that I am able to drive more efficiently with this car. My FC has been improving little by little, and I think your 2.0i can outperform the XT and get a better overall average once you get into better traffic conditions.
    Just yesterday, I traveled around 80kms going to and from Quezon City, Paranaque, Pasay, and Makati (2-3x in between) and got an overall average 8.77km/l for the day. Went as high as >10km/l during the morning as well. Granted it was a holiday yesterday, so traffic was lighter than usual, but I think it just shows that with the right traffic conditions it is possible to get a pretty good FC with the car
    That is correct. Diesel engines outperforms gas on heavy traffic. Today I just sent my kids to school and i Got 12L/100KM = 8.33. Traffic is light.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    That's correct there are two knobs tried both using different combinations while holding the manual in hand but to no avail. The display will not change to KM/L

Ganun ba, I thought i saw something sa page 3-42 nung manual. I checked it today and indeed walang info for KM/L. Confusing kasi yung nasa page 3-36 where it has info form AVG km/L. I'll ask the Service Advisor on my 1,600 checkup.

That is correct. Diesel engines outperforms gas on heavy traffic. Today I just sent my kids to school and i Got 12L/100KM = 8.33. Traffic is light.
    I just checked the manual din sir, mukha ngang wala rin option to change L/100KM into KM/L sa 2.0i. Sa instructions the right knob just changes the info shown, but no settings to change yung preferred FC reading.

Am getting used to the L/100KM reading na rin naman, I usually target 11-13L/100km for my daily drive. Anything higher is bonus.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I just checked the manual din sir, mukha ngang wala rin option to change L/100KM into KM/L sa 2.0i. Sa instructions the right knob just changes the info shown, but no settings to change yung preferred FC reading.

Am getting used to the L/100KM reading na rin naman, I usually target 11-13L/100km for my daily drive. Anything higher is bonus.
    Mukhang ganon na nga, I just have to divide. It kind of inherit to me to dislike MATH.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006

I've also checked the manual before, there's no way to change it to KM/L. You can change the MID to display yung "lifetime" FC mo, you can only put it dun sa 3 meters, you have to change one of the meters to display the "lifetime" FC. Tingnanggal ko yung pedal percentage depression, but kept the turbo boost and oil temp.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cfule View Post
    I've also checked the manual before, there's no way to change it to KM/L. You can change the MID to display yung "lifetime" FC mo, you can only put it dun sa 3 meters, you have to change one of the meters to display the "lifetime" FC. Tingnanggal ko yung pedal percentage depression, but kept the turbo boost and oil temp.
    Yes sir sana nga meron 2 sets of Triple Meters para mas maraming info ang pwede mo makita. It's quite tedious kasi to keep on changing because you have to go to settings pa to do this, and once the car moves, aalis sya sa settings screen as safety precaution.

Ako I removed the oil temp and placed the Elapsed time nalang, cause I like knowing how long I've been driving. But I also like some of the things there like Lifetime FC, Ave Speed, oil temp, etc.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Guys ask ko lang sa mga bumili ng Subaru 2.0iL, how much did you pay your insurance? required ba in house kumuha ng insurance?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If you also notice, in the morning when the engine is cold, starting at 35degrees celsius, thats the time where it really drinks fuel like beer. you will notice that the FC reading increments faster than when you are idling in a parking lot.

I thought my city driving of 5km/L is the worst, you beat me with your 3.5km/L

my lifetime FC is 14.9L/100km, for 3500kms travelled. 6.71km/L