New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Filipinos are masters of the local game, but we try to copy the nba style of play pero wala naman yung height and athleticism. hayun e di por nada.

We should try to patter our team play with our sea neighbors who obviously have more success with short-ball. Tapos manalangin tayo na may sumipot na homegrown 7 footer para may matinong centro tayo.

BBall politicks? Blame Puyat guys. He's the reason my the players way back then put the PBA together and started all this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ooops that is voluntary information of your age he he he

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well said PK...

From my observation, our shooting abilities are slowly dropping. When would the likes of a new Allan Caidic emerge? We are also a bit lax on D.

Just observe S. Korea, they don't even have an inside game to speak off yet they are really deadly on the perimiter.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oo nga eh. sa present crop of players natin no one is close to caidic's shooting skills. or maski na kay bogs adornado.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    ooops that is voluntary information of your age he he he
    Kuwento lang sa akin ng lolo ko sir. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. We need players in the mold of Caidic and Ricardo Brown (personal idol ko), heck kahit na Al Solis pwede na e. Players nowadays, puro showtime... saksak ng saksak. Sana kung mala-Samboy sila.

OT: Nung isang praktis game namin, nakilaro si Jerome Ejercito ba yun? Potek, ginawa akong asintahan sa tres.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Isa lang ang ibig sabihin niyan. Puro pa-istar ang lahat ng PBA players. Gusto lahat sila ang bida. Nawala na yung basic elements ng basketball which are shooting, ball-handling and team-work.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ownertype
    brod, you cannot take away the filipino's love and passion for the game. This is a basketball crazy country.
    hey, i like basketball, too. i even bought an orig nba 2k5 for my PS2. but to waste taxpayer's money in the hope of getting worldwide recognition in a game designed for big men is totally idiotic.

maybe pinoys have a passion for lost causes. that's why we're always lost.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The younger players nowadays do not have the fundamentals set to heart like the players of old e.g. Mumar St., Loyzaga, Jaworski, Fernandez, Ocampo, and the other greats.

Yup masyadong westernized ang style dito, lahat gusto maging Michael Jordan or Allen Iverson puro one on one. Although we have good athletes, but none of them are in the caliber of their NBA counterparts. We need a pure point guard, in the mold of a Hector Calma. Yan ang kulang natin aside from a dominating bigman, which is ofcourse wishfull thinking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What's Wrong with Philippine Basketball?