New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What are the reasons why can't these two collegiate league merge into one?

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    What are the reasons why can't these two collegiate league merge into one?
    one is NCAA is for universities and colleges.
    UAAP is for universities only.
    correct me if i am wrong.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ateneo, UST and UP were originally members of NCAA. UST and UP bolted out and formed the Big 3 with NU then FEU joined them and they formed UAAP.

it's all politics.. dapat nga isang collegiate league na lang for the whole country.. parang NCAA sa US..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Ateneo, UST and UP were originally members of NCAA. UST and UP bolted out and formed the Big 3 with NU then FEU joined them and they formed UAAP.

it's all politics.. dapat nga isang collegiate league na lang for the whole country.. parang NCAA sa US..
    Yes, bad blood in politics.

IMO malalim na dahilan, they will never merge. But I might be wrong.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sabi may move daw si MVP to merge these two..

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    I hope sana matuloy ang merge kasi ang Mapua Institute of Technology NCAA?? Kasi pag nanunuod ka ng UAAP ay may pagka prestige yan diba? And para isa lang, tulad sa US.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sa tingin ko no need na kasi may philippine collegiate champion's league (pccl) nanaman eh na basically patterned after the march madness/big dance of the american ncaa.

buti pa nga dito sa local tournament na ito hindi lang manila based schools ang may chance mag shine. i'm sure kung i-combine lang ang uaap at ncaa, manila schools nanaman lang ang bida. if you guys remember this is the tournament which 1st gave exposures to the likes of cebuano behemoths jr quinajan, junmar fajardo and greg slaughter. kulang lang sa gravitas itong liga na ito sa ngayon kaya na overlook parati during the post season of college basketball.

besides, ang american ncaa may sari-sarili din liga ang mga iyan like pacific 10 conference, atlantic coast conference, ivy league, atlantic 10 conference, and so on and so forth. iyong mga maganda ang performance ang siyang napupunta sa mga round of 64, round of 32, sweet 16, elite 8, final 4, and the national finals.

so huwag na pakinggan si mr. lito puyat. he's just an old man trying to regain lost glory

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Taas ng entry barriers sa UAAP. You need to be a University, for one, then you need to pay a large membership fee that's kinda hard to justify in this economy.

At least NCAA has subdivisions for other areas outside Manila... pero I don't recall if NCAA-south is still active...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    UAAP kasi adds prestige to the institutions that join it...

UAAP & NCAA merge?