New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 210 of 312 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3116
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    12,850
    #2091
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah, still need to lose weight. Shoes I am wearing is the Ultraboost V3. It is the most comfortable shoe I got for walking, but I guess running is a different thing. Sang Runnr or store may available na Gait analysis? The one I frequent in BGC is always broken kasi.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    sa runnr atc meron silang gait analysis din. i just don't know if it's working right now
    Last edited by baludoy; July 13th, 2017 at 12:33 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,176
    #2092
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah, still need to lose weight. Shoes I am wearing is the Ultraboost V3. It is the most comfortable shoe I got for walking, but I guess running is a different thing. Sang Runnr or store may available na Gait analysis? The one I frequent in BGC is always broken kasi.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There's a gait analysis sa Runnr in Trinoma. Tried it years ago. Not sure if it's still working though.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #2093
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Real-world running is much more difficult right? Because the terrain changes? Or it is the opposite?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    yes, lalo na there is pressure in the knees on the decline or going downhill, most of the pressure are on the knees, tapos yung supporting muscles mo is not that strong yet, if was in your shoes, ill just do a 5k-10k, its just a fun run, keep it that way papi

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #2094
    on the treadmill you can stop anytime, and there is an issue about hydration, heat and conditioning

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,854
    #2095
    Our Ortho recommends water therapy as exercise for sore knees. Just find a pool where you can walk with your chin above water. The water will take most of the weight off your knees. Walk the whole length of the pool as many times as you can to strengthen the knees.

    Also while you're still trying to lose weight maybe consider using an elliptical instead of a treadmill?

  6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,138
    #2096
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    sa runnr atc meron silang gait analysis din. i just don't know if it's working right now
    Medyo malayo na atc sa amin sir, so I'd probably try trinoma. Last time I did that gait analysis, the shoes meant for me was an NB Vazee Prism - stability and wide feet.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,138
    #2097
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    yes, lalo na there is pressure in the knees on the decline or going downhill, most of the pressure are on the knees, tapos yung supporting muscles mo is not that strong yet, if was in your shoes, ill just do a 5k-10k, its just a fun run, keep it that way papi

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yeah might need to accept I can't finish a 21k anymore and just do a 10k.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,138
    #2098
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Our Ortho recommends water therapy as exercise for sore knees. Just find a pool where you can walk with your chin above water. The water will take most of the weight off your knees. Walk the whole length of the pool as many times as you can to strengthen the knees.

    Also while you're still trying to lose weight maybe consider using an elliptical instead of a treadmill?
    Interesting. May pool pa naman ung mga FF Platinum na gyms. Just need to decide if adding P1000 on my regular FF membership is worth it. Elliptical naman boss is my go to exercise, I can go straight for an hour doing that. Yun lang, since sanay na sanay na katawan ko sa elliptical, it becomes a steady state cardio where it wouldn't burn as much as I want to.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Our Ortho recommends water therapy as exercise for sore knees. Just find a pool where you can walk with your chin above water. The water will take most of the weight off your knees. Walk the whole length of the pool as many times as you can to strengthen the knees.

    Also while you're still trying to lose weight maybe consider using an elliptical instead of a treadmill?
    just for reference paps..i ruined my knees sa basketball...my othro gave me 2 options...have it operated on, youll be pain free but performance will not be as before or start strengthening supporting muscles and see what will happen..now im still squating and deadlifting...im not totally pain free, mas gusto may konting pain, para to remind me too that im not 100% ok...coz may days na totally wala, baka i might overdo it, im just carefull sa lateral movements at the knees moving forward like lunges...ingat ka dun...and yes...ask a doctor..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,138
    #2100
    Thanks. Darn it! Old age is really catching up to me.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Tsikot Fitness and Gym Thread