New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ha ha ha! malamang.

tutal naman napapagusapan na ang road biking, ok lang ba na magshare ng tips:

ako may tip. invest in a good cycling glove. we are only attached in a bike to only 5 small points. your butt, your two hands and your twol legs. most of the weight and road vibrations specially for stiff road bikes, goes to your butt, that's why there's a need for a good cycling shorts.

the next weight bearing points are your hands because of the crouching position of the road bike. so you need a good pair of gloves.

gloves also helps if you might fall down. you can avoid a lot of road rash by falling with a gloved hand.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, even in mountain biking, a good gloves makes a LOT of difference!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i just bought my first road biking outfit today. lycra shorts (yup, spandex ), jersey (they're tight too...you could tell if im an innie or an outie ), and some socks. the materials are light and great at wicking moisture so you stay dry.

i just did a 30 mile ride the other day and you guys are right. tight fitting clothes are a must for aerodymics purposes. i wore my mountain biking outfit and they were flapping all over the place, which is bad news especially going against a strong head wind. as for the gloves, i hate wearing 'em, especially on hot days, but they do help a lot.

road bikes are some of the most efficient machines out there, and you're defeating their purpose by wearing baggy clothes. lesson learned.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    i just bought my first road biking outfit today. lycra shorts (yup, spandex ), jersey (they're tight too...you could tell if im an innie or an outie ), and some socks. the materials are light and great at wicking moisture so you stay dry.

i just did a 30 mile ride the other day and you guys are right. tight fitting clothes are a must for aerodymics purposes. i wore my mountain biking outfit and they were flapping all over the place, which is bad news especially going against a strong head wind. as for the gloves, i hate wearing 'em, especially on hot days, but they do help a lot.

road bikes are some of the most efficient machines out there, and you're defeating their purpose by wearing baggy clothes. lesson learned.
    ok post kana ng picture

btw road riders are prone to being infertile, prolong cycling hinders blood flow to the penis and also excessive long endurance training...balak ku pa naman mag300km ride di na siguro

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    ok post kana ng picture

btw road riders are prone to being infertile, prolong cycling hinders blood flow to the penis and also excessive long endurance training...balak ku pa naman mag300km ride di na siguro
    pictures will be posted...in due time.

what, really?!

For Sale:

2006 Giant OCR C2

di naman siguro apply sa kin yan, i only ride 16 miles a day to work and fro, plus the occasional 30-40 mile trek. i've been steadily increasing my distance though, by ten-mile increments until i reach my goal of 100 miles.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    i will, once i figure out google maps. what if i just take pictures of my route? ok na ba yun?

You can post pictures and tie them to the location on Google Maps. Though I haven't tried it myself. Hehehe. Nangangati na rin ako for a bike. Isip ako kung 2nd hand or bnew. At kung san ko itatago na hindi hassle. Apartment lang kasi kami.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    You can post pictures and tie them to the location on Google Maps. Though I haven't tried it myself. Hehehe. Nangangati na rin ako for a bike. Isip ako kung 2nd hand or bnew. At kung san ko itatago na hindi hassle. Apartment lang kasi kami.
    better yet, here's a video. sorry medyo maingay.

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain...8e0411702e0ab3

bili ka na bro, it doesn't take up much room. then you and your family can visit us up here. i could show you the trails personally.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    ok post kana ng picture

How about mountain biking? Mas matagtag ang MTB kesa road bike di ba? Hindi ba mas prone pa ang MTB sa infertility? Anyway, biruan nga naming mga may anak na sa mga binatang kasama namin sa biking, hindi na namin problema ang ma-baog

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    How about mountain biking? Mas matagtag ang MTB kesa road bike di ba? Hindi ba mas prone pa ang MTB sa infertility? Anyway, biruan nga naming mga may anak na sa mga binatang kasama namin sa biking, hindi na namin problema ang ma-baog
    nope, mas matagtag talaga road, laki ng difference maskina hardtail gamit ku, you have to inflate roadbike tires at 90psi kasi, otherwise mabilis tumama yung rim sa lubak, i had trouble peeing nga after my first 3hr ride sa roadbike kaya i use it for training lang talaga...i invested in a good seat panaman costs me 6k

so instead of changing saddles, my brother bought me a cushion cover for my seat tapos palit aku ng anatomic cycling shorts kasi heavier padding than the trifemme

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    here are a couple of pics from the american river trail. it's 35 miles of paved and uninterrupted trail. sorry, wala pa close up. di pa comfortable sa lycra cycling outfits.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Road Biking - it's also a lot of fun!