New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    after years of mountain biking, due to the numerous paved trails around my neighborhood, i've decided to give road biking a try...and i love it! i just mapped out a network of trails that takes me from my home to my work. it's 8 miles of uninterrupted trails, free from dangerous drivers and their poisonous fumes. it's a perfect way to get a light workout before and after work, plus it's the best way to save gas!

i'm new to this, so i would like to hear pointers and ideas from all the roadies here. it's also a good place to share our experiences, and even post pics of our bikes and rides. i'm currently training for my first century, so wish me luck.

here's my bike...it's the lightest, fastest, most agile bike i have ever owned.

btw, i kept my mountain bike, just in case the mountains call me.
    Last edited by wren; May 25th, 2007 at 04:39 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Share your route with Google Maps.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    wow nice road bike you got there.

i havent ridden a road bike yet except for seat testing only on shops. ive used and tried mainly mountain bikes. before. been a long time since ive ridden again. hehehe

how does it feel running more than 30mph? compared to mountain bikes on handling and rider postion? im always curious how it handles.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nice baby you have there bro. Thanks for sharing...

Diyan, safe mag-road-bike....

Pero, dito sa atin sa Pinas..... Hhmmmmm..... Sa loob ng village... puwede siguro....

2801:clap:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow, carbon frame. Ayaw mong gawing hybrid yan ala mountain racer?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    FXT, dahan-dahan lang...matanda ka na...baka may lactic acid build-up na sa mga tuhod mo eh rayumahin ka. :rofl01:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Pero, dito sa atin sa Pinas..... Hhmmmmm..... Sa loob ng village... puwede siguro....
    Safe din naman sa atin ah. Been taking Buendia to Macapagal in '03 and '04 ok lang naman.

Kagandahan lang sa CA may bike lanes kahit sa Expressway (40-45mph max for cars), although I wouldn't risk it. I'd rather take the smaller roads.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nice bike FXT! i do road bike din but mine's a khs ill post a pic here soon

comparing it on a mtb
    - hard to turn, man better watch out your foot being hit by the front wheel and worse being stuck between the front wheel and crank. just try this example turn your steering all the way to the left, position your right foot forward at 3 o'clock position then return the steering wheel to straight position
    - easier to pick up speed and can go up to 50kph on straight roads
    - 100psi tire pressure is normal
    - get ready for butt busting numbness after 3hrs of straight riding
    - for bike commuting, mtb still beats road, with all the bumps and cracks here in the phil you cant go faster than 30kph

century rides are pretty easy on roadbikes. i just did 180km last last weekend ago

btw how much does your bike weigh? mine's 18lbs, still trying to figure out how to lessen hehe

i see your using the plateau, great seat! mine's all busted up since i use it on my FS bike

welcome to the guys-wearing-spandex club

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    - get ready for butt busting numbness after 3hrs of straight riding
    hahaha this is where you cant feel the middle portion of your body

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice bike bro!

OT: Bukas masusubukan na naman tibay ng tuhod ko

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Road Biking - it's also a lot of fun!