New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ok, I'll change it to "ask your health professional".
    Last edited by the_wildthing; July 9th, 2004 at 04:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ask mo nalang si ernie baron pito pito lang katapat nyan

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano bang ok na vitamins, para pamapagana kumain..coz i need to gain weight..para tumaba ako ng kunti..hehehe..iniinom ko na vits before..potencee i've tired pharmaton..stress tabs.... try ko nga rin ang centrum..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kelan po ba dapat iniinom yung multivitamins para maiging mas effective,specially centrum(yun kasi iniinom ko now ) bago kumain o after kumain? sa agahan, tanghaliaan, o sa hapunan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by notEworthy27
    One last note, the yellow urine shows the ineffectiveness of the multivitamin. This simply means that your body is rejecting what you just took in. There are requirements for certain vitamins and minerals to be fully absorped by the body. An example would be calcium. Calcium can't be absorbed by the body as calcium alone. Calcium needs magnesium, pottasium and other minerals to be fully absorbed.
    rejecting? :hihihi:

When I take Multi-Pro 32X my urine is bright yellow. Does that mean I'm just peeing it all out?
    You always hear this from the "nutrition experts". They tell you that vitamins only produce expensive urine.

This couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, the small intestine is the main area for nutrient absorption. It only makes sense to bathe this vital area in nutrient rich fluid. This not only enhances overall nutrient utilization but also provides direct anti-oxidant/free radical quenching support in the intestinal and urinary tract. I can't imagine how many intestinal disorders as well as other ailments could be curtailed if more people understood the importance of multi-vitamin supplementation.

kelan po ba dapat iniinom yung multivitamins para maiging mas effective
    There are some multi-vitamins that is called 'time-released.' They are usually taken in the morning and before bedtime. The personal trainer where I work out, recommended a high-potency multi-vitamin. I started taking AST Multi-Pro 32x.

Why should I take Multi-Pro 32X in the morning and at night?
    This ensures you have constant supply of vital nutrients, anti-oxidants, and minerals 24 hours a day. This critical. Most multi-vitamins instruct you to take only one a day. This leave a very large nutritional gap during times when your body needs nutrients most.
    A few company developed a protein supplement that addresses this nocturnal catabolism to fill the nutritional gap, just like the time-released vitamin.

Why can't I just take a One-a-Day® vitamin?
    Because it is not near as potent as it needs to be to optimize health and performance. This type of vitamin is designed to supply the RDA and nothing more. This does not take into account your activity level, the research on higher doses of certain vitimins for disease prevention, and it certainly does not provide the level of anti-oxidants research has shown to be effective. Multi-Pro 32X does.
    But AST is not for everybody to benefit. Para ding shampoo yan eh, kung saan ka hiyang :bwahaha:

I know when my brother started taking Pharmaton for a year, he gained weight and never lost it. Still having a hard-time losing weight after 19 years. Maybe I need to start taking this instead. Because Im ectomorph.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The introduction of Multi-Vitamins into a daily routine can act as a convenient and fast health improvement.

Vitamins

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jolog1 View Post
    To be honest with you, I hate most doctors when it comes to nutrition advice. I have a 4 year degree in Nutrition, I graduated in the US. Most doctors took only 1 course of nutrition, if at all. When it comes to nutrition, doctors still insist that they know more than we do, the nutrition grads. Most doctors I've talked to are very narrow minded, they are against taking any supplements even though there are documented proof it could lower your chance in getting debilitating diseases.

bah, I'm ranting again...
    I too trained and studied in the US. I have a BS in Chemistry and BS in Biology as my pre-medicine courses before I doved in Forensic Pathology. But can you explicitly explain why 1 year of Nutritional Medicine can't compare to your 4 years? Tell me if there is a different way to compute for your daily caloric intake that you think you need years for it. Heck...1 hour is sufficient to teach any lay person that. And it is NOT true that most doctors are against taking supplements. Maybe you need to speak to younger physicians and not be confined to your clinic too much.

Now if you are just trying to boast that you have 4 years as oposed to 1 year for us...let me remind you that not all of that 4 years dealt with nutrition alone. You have to take other subjects too like Language, Art, Psychology, etc...

Now if you are going to compare that to our Pre Medicine courses which also teaches nutritional subjects as part of Biology and Chemistry...not to mention most subjects in the Medicine course has to go through Nutrition topics due to interactions...I think we have every right to think we know more than you do.

Sorry ... but I felt the need to defend my colleagues.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i use Usana products...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kakaopera lang wife ng kasama kong australian na may breast cancer stage3. Advise ng doctor niya who did years of research about cancer na if the family daw ay nag tatake ng multi-vitamins ay dapat itigil at itapon na kasi hindi daw ito nakakatulong talaga at kung cancer patient ka ay tutulungan pa daw ng mga multi-vitamins na ito madevelop aggressively ang cancer cells tulad ng nagyari sa misis nya. And advise ng doctor is to eat more fruits and vegetables na lang daw. So take note guys

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    Kakaopera lang wife ng kasama kong australian na may breast cancer stage3. Advise ng doctor niya who did years of research about cancer na if the family daw ay nag tatake ng multi-vitamins ay dapat itigil at itapon na kasi hindi daw ito nakakatulong talaga at kung cancer patient ka ay tutulungan pa daw ng mga multi-vitamins na ito madevelop aggressively ang cancer cells tulad ng nagyari sa misis nya. And advise ng doctor is to eat more fruits and vegetables na lang daw. So take note guys
    This is a special case ... CANCER. And you don't need research to arrive at that conclusion. Only a STUPID, MISGUIDED physician would think otherwise. Why? ... You simply need to define cancer cells .... and they are anaplastic or abnormal cells characterized by UNCONTROLLED GROWTH that tend to invade surrounding tissue which sometimes metastasizes to distant body sites. This UNCONTROLLED GROWTH causes the tumor mass or BUKOL in Tagalog.

This UNCONTROLLED GROWTH of tumor cells meant these cells require MORE nutrients, vitamins, and minerals compared to normal cells, just to maintain it's biochemical reactions to reproduce rapidly.

To make it simple ... you DON'T want to provide MORE nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to the RAPIDLY UNCONTROLLED GROWTH of tumor cells.

This is not new information.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Question concerning Multi-Vitamins?