New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Remember, yung champioship game between GINEBRA and SHELL? That was a classic! Jawo called for a time out (last play). Parang 2 secs. na lang natira sa game clock (pero di ko na matandaan kung it's a tied ball game or it's Shell leading by 1).

The play is with the Destroyer (Distrito!), at ang sabi niya, very clear.... "Rudy, go for the basket, wala nang isip-isip pa. Just go for the basket!" Rudy received the inbound pass, and was met by a phalanx of Shell defenders, and went for a fadeaway, awkward shot (from the side pa), and the ball went in. Pandemonium broke out, inside the coliseum....... Distrito was caught by the TV camera, in tears, being embraced by Jawo! Ginebra won that championship game!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom
    Ron Jacobs pa rin!
    hehehe galing mo talaga ..

nasaan na ba ito ..nakalabas na ba ng hospital ito

Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    if my memory serves it right PBL stint ito nag yari ..championship series ata
    during Lagerlite vs. Lhuillier Jewellers ..correct me if im wrong or ibang accident naman ito kay Samboy ...
    (dami kasi aksidente di ko tuloy maalala lahat)
    Boeing: PBA game, Alaska v.s. San Miguel, nakalimutan ko na kung anong year early 1990's ata.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Coach Ron Jacobs is slowly recovering.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Boeing: PBA game, Alaska v.s. San Miguel, nakalimutan ko na kung anong year early 1990's ata.
    thanks ILD, oo nga maliwanag ang playing arena non,
    not unlike in rizal memorial iba pala iyon at saka di yata nag laro si samboy sa Lagerlite sina caidic.codinera,teng,jeffrey graves ,almario,uichico,pumaren ,alfarero ata mga player non

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My PBA memories date back a bit longer before most here. I remember mostly the Crispa - Toyota rivalry. But. most of the legends are the same.

I remember Ramon Fernandez visiting our HS (Perpetual Help) unannounced and can't help notice he almost reached the ceiling! Then, there was the classrooms all emptying as everyone wanted to get a glimpse of RF and the girls all going oooh and aaah..... A couple of Crispa fans making snide comments, "Crispa kami!"

Probably, the most exciting PBA game I ever watched was a game between Toyota and U-tex and unfortunately, Jaworski and company were on the losing end. U-tex was down 8 points with 16 seconds left and still managed to pull out a win! It was a stunner of a game because Toyota was heavily favored and Crispa fans were all rooting for U-tex...... Ahhh the glory days indeed.

Add: And Alvin Patrimonio........ He was still relatively unknown when I saw him practicing in the Mapua gym during one of my evening classes..... Gee, it's been so long. I guess I'm overdue for a visit to the Philippines.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 25th, 2006 at 10:18 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Remember Michael Hackett scoring 100 pts?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Ay, oo.......grabe yun.

Nagsama pa sila minsan, ni Billy Ray Bates? Unbeatable yung tandem na yun!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Unfortunately, no. All I remember is that Toyota - U-tex championship game. Prolly because I lost some dough betting on Toyota.

It seems like the PBA had some major changes right after I returned here in 1985.....

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bro ..103 pts yata ang ginawa ni Michael Hackett

and 105 pts. naman si Tony Harris

sa local i think its Paul Alvarez ..71 or 73 pts. yata

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
pinoy basketball talk..jawo, fernandez or patrimonio?