New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theshepherd View Post
    Thank you mga sirs. Anu yung 29er? Yun ang dapat nakatatak sa frame di po ba? Punta ako Cartimar sa weekend. Mga surplus ba dun? Wala talaga ako alam masyado sa mtb's. Kasi lugi ako pag nag kotse papunta sa work. 3kms lang. Kaya magbbike nalang ako. Budget ko muna mga 20k. Sa tingin ko may maganda nako makukuha ng mtb.

Peace out!
    Used to be kinda harcore on the mtb scene many years ago... bike to work everyday for 3 years..... average distance was 30kms round trip.. tapos long ride pa in the weekends... It was a very healthy lifestyle.. kahit na last meal type ang kain ko then.... I had a Diamondback FSand Bianchi FS then..

bike frames is where you will need mke the right choice. Bike frames come in XS to XL szes.. the XL sizes have a top tube of 19 inches and thats about the right size for you.. I think there may be larger sizes available... its important that you build the bike to fit you.. same as the length of the stem/ handle bars etc....

20k is not quite there yet.. for that price you'de get an entry level hardtail frame with entry level parts too.... spend a bit more on the frame.. yung parts naman can be upgraded/ traded eaily...

HTH...

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    subscribing . . . .

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    early 2000. mtb ko downhill na sta cruz, yung isa avalanche.
    napagsawaan ko rin.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thank you mga sirs. Anu yung 29er? Yun ang dapat nakatatak sa frame di po ba? Punta ako Cartimar sa weekend. Mga surplus ba dun? Wala talaga ako alam masyado sa mtb's. Kasi lugi ako pag nag kotse papunta sa work. 3kms lang. Kaya magbbike nalang ako. Budget ko muna mga 20k. Sa tingin ko may maganda nako makukuha ng mtb.

Peace out!
    sa 20k alam ko naka da bomb na hardtail frame ka na niyan.
    huwag ka munang gumastos ng mahal na bike. may nagbebenta rin mga 2nd hand na entry level na makinis pa.
    baka maya mapagsawaan mo rin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I have a 26er MTB, Merida TFS Matts 600. Been with me for 3 years. Plan on upgrading to 29er when I have the money.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    We recently got mountain bikes and we plan to ride them on the trails soon.
    I'm new to mountain biking, used to ride a BMX as a kid. I have a Specialized Myka and recently just buying a lot of accessories. Waiting for my RoadID to come in the mail so I can ride every morning (about 2 miles on the road) before work so I can build my stamina for the trails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Please post some pics of your bikes and your trails to add spice to this thread.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    sa 20k alam ko naka da bomb na hardtail frame ka na niyan.
    huwag ka munang gumastos ng mahal na bike. may nagbebenta rin mga 2nd hand na entry level na makinis pa.
    baka maya mapagsawaan mo rin.
    Thank you sir. Kaya nga 20k ang budget ko muna. I just need a basic mtb. Ano yung da bomb? Style ba yun o brand? Hardtail yung walang shock sa likod di po ba? Ok lang yun. Nagbbrowse ako sa sulit sir. Yung mga description di ko na iniintindi masyado. Basta ang tinitingnan ko, malaki ang size.

Peace out!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    my cheap setup. :dance1: 2003-2006 adik sa mtb during davao days. Sold her when i migrated here.

i miss riding!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Thank you sir. Kaya nga 20k ang budget ko muna. I just need a basic mtb. Ano yung da bomb? Style ba yun o brand? Hardtail yung walang shock sa likod di po ba? Ok lang yun. Nagbbrowse ako sa sulit sir. Yung mga description di ko na iniintindi masyado. Basta ang tinitingnan ko, malaki ang size.

Peace out!
    I'd go with the classic 26ers.
    Just me, 29ers looks like an overweight ugly roadie.

Cartimar is the best place to be if you are looking for bikes/bike parts.
    For 20k, marami kang pagpipilian, mostly Taiwan- made.
    Look for complete bikes with Aluminum Frames. Chromoly Frames are tougher and cheaper,
    but they are verrry heaaavy! Frames are the best place to start if you are weight- conscious.

I wouldn't recommend buying 2nd hand bikes/frames in local stores, incl. Cartimar.
    Some (most actually) of those frames have "cracks" hidden the under the paints.

Wear a Helmet...
    Wise guys wear helmets, other guys don't have much to lose.