New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ok. ok. i need help guys. i've tried yahoo and google, but could not really find the answers. doon din sa medical dictionary at webmd.com wala din. so i need your help guys. some abbreviations i already know, but don't know what they really mean.

AOG: 7W 3D (7 weeks and 3 days), pero ano ibig sabihin ng AOG?

UA (Average Ultrasonic Age). 6W 1D (six weeks one day) ang fetus/embryo pero ano yung ultrasonic age? yung bang measurement using ultrasound? (much like yung unit of measurement sa barko, which is knots?)

EDD (Expected Date of Delivery) by UA: ano ito? expected date of delivery by ultrasonic age. age measurement using ultrasound?

EDC: ?

bakit magkaiba yung numbers sa AOG at UA?

pls. don't ask why i did not ask these question to the doctor. i was not there when she saw the obgyn. the report was dated 02/18/07. pinadala lang nya sa akin last month, pero ngayon ko lang talaga binasa (tiningnan ko lang noon yung image). my wife is still in the philippines waiting for her petition.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    AOG-Age of Gestation-approximate age of the baby inside the mother's womb based on the last menstruation of the mother.
    UA-approximate age according to the actual size of the baby as ineterpreted by the ultrasound results.
    EDC-Expected Date of Confinement-approximate date kung kailan ang delivery based on the last menstruation period. Usually it's 1 week before or after this date that the mother will deliver the baby.
    EDD is the Expected date of Delivery according to the Ultrasound Age.(they said this is more accurate than EDC.
    Last edited by the josh; March 16th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks Josh.

kinakabahan na ako...mas ako pa ang kinakabahan kesa sa wife ko.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    I know what you mean, we just had our 2nd baby 3 weeks ago!
    Don't worry too much, folic acid and those pregnancy supplements help a lot. Wag masyado sa sweets at softdrinks para makaiwas sa "gestational diabetes." Mahirap dyan ay yung paglilihi (pag nagsusuka) stage pero lilipas din yun Good luck and remember to think positive

Our baby Gianna Isabella
    Last edited by the josh; March 16th, 2007 at 03:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    she is approaching her third month. she'd been throwing up a lot whenever she eats. she'd been sick a lot too. and i am not there with her and i feel guilty. her parents have a reprographics business. she helps in the business whenever she is free, but my concerns are the fumes from the xerox machines and the second hand smoke from their employees (they smoke inside the establishment) that she keeps inhaling bothers me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the josh View Post
    I know what you mean, we just had our 2nd baby 3 weeks ago!
    Don't worry too much, folic acid and those pregnancy supplements help a lot. Wag masyado sa sweets at softdrinks para makaiwas sa "gestational diabetes." Mahirap dyan ay yung paglilihi (pag nagsusuka) stage pero lilipas din yun Good luck and remember to think positive

Our baby Gianna Isabella
    wow. great! cute pics of the baby. congratulations. i can't wait to pinch the cheek of my own child

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Congrats to both of you n2knee and the josh!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Congratulations po sa inyo Sir thejosh at sa soon-to-be-daddy n2knee!

Welcome to Fatherhood!

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Thanks guys! I don't know what to say

n2knee, kung pwedeng iiwas mo muna si misis sa fumes at smoke, yung ist trimester ng pregnancy is very critical, lahat ng mangyayarikay misis ay may epekto sa pagkakabuo ni baby. Advise ko lang ay from now on, only clean air, sanitary environment, healthy and nutritious food lang ang para kay misis at baby.
    Sa pagsusuka nya, I always stock powerade or gatorade to replenish lost electrolytes during nausea and vomiting para hindi siya madehydrate at maospital.
    Last edited by the josh; March 16th, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey hey hey congrats...

welcome to the sleep deprived club... meron ka pang 6 months hahaha

ay oo nga pala nasa pinas si misis... pero welcome na rin...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
medical abbreviations and what do they mean