New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    good explanation dude

once a retrovirus enters our body and integrates itself into our DNA, it's there forever

we can find traces of ancient human retroviral infections in our genes

there's an ancient retrovirus called HERV

it's in our DNA
    Last edited by uls; September 26th, 2009 at 01:51 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    spankwire nalang safe pa

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    I agree with everyone's viewpoint here that the best thing to do here is to abstinence pa rin talaga.
    Sorry for the grammatical error. I was going to write "is to abstain" then changed it to "abstinence" kaya lang di ko napansin na di ko natanggal yung "to".

I've heard of a case where a donor was found to have a positive result during his ELISA screening. The donor complained that he just donated blood six months ago and it was negative then. Concerned, the head of the unit traced the patient's first donated blood.

When they tested the person whom they gave the blood to, positive din daw sya for HIV.

They think what happened was, the donor got the HIV/AIDS virus less then three months before he was screened during his blood donation. Ang screening for HIV kasi ang hinahanap ay yung antibodies natin sa HIV, e tumataas ang level nito within 2 to 12 weeks pa kaya pag mas maaga mo tinest, pwede sya maging false negative . That's the reason why we don't usually request it immediately after contact at pinapaulit namin ito at 6 months pag negative sa first 3 months.

Anyways, this case was just an anecdotal report; a colleague of mine told me he heard this during a convention he attended.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    spankwire nalang safe pa
    Hahaha...lol

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Errh... ULS was pointing out that the difference is small, but the researchers consider it statistically significant. He doesn't say whether or not he considers it statistically significant.

The whole point of a vaccine is to prevent infection. If the infection rate of a population goes down by just 0.3 percent, that's too small a difference to consider the vaccine a success. Not just yet.
    Opppsss! Then it is better if the researchers are the one claiming that it is statistically significant. To us researchers... the significance of the result matters the most... all those previous numbers are disregarded and irrelevant once Statistical Significance is stablished. I could understand the importance of those numbers if they want to double/quadruple check if the Statistical Significance is correct though.

That is the point of computing whether the numbers gathered are statistically significant or not.... you have to remember the 0.3 percent you mentioned is a representative of the entire population... it might be a small percentage but it probably equates to a humongous number.

Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Uhm... sorry po, medyo OT na kami, pero I've re-read my post and I can't find the part where I said it was a DNA virus... I just said it gets incorporated into our DNA. I don't think I classsified it as to what type of virus it is.

Anyways, just to set things straight, as sir cktlcmd stated, the HIV/AIDS virus is an RNA virus-- for simplicity's sake, think of this as half of a DNA (which are the building blocks of life).
    Sorry...about that. I might have read too fast and misunderstood. Excellent explanation though.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Is it a problem to wear a rubber? And to not have *** with "workers" or anyone you don't really know well?

Just keep your mating activities within your circle para safe and don't pay for ***.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Is it a problem to wear a rubber? And to not have *** with "workers" or anyone you don't really know well?

Just keep your mating activities within your circle para safe and don't pay for ***.
    Always wear a rubber ... in or out of the circle ... you're safer this way.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

Sometimes we just don't have the kind of circle friends you might be referring to or the timing is off (you're horny and she's not).

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    not a vaccine... but this thread is the only AIDS topic under the Health Forum

5th person confirmed to be cured of HIV | Yahoo! News

Referred to as "the Dusseldorf patient" to protect his privacy, researchers said he is the fifth confirmed case of an HIV cure. Although the details of his successful treatment were first announced at a conference in 2019, researchers could not confirm he had been officially cured at that time.

Today, researchers announced the Dusseldorf patient still has no detectable virus in his body, even after stopping his HIV medication four years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12