New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    talo nanaman england
    Wayne Rooney was a disappointment. Hindi na sila latulad nanag dati na laging may mga high-caliber players. Spain and England has lost it big time.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    portugal and usa is at 2-2 in stoppage time just a few minutes ago. ganda ng mga last minute goals nila!

ngayon talunan nanaman england, i'm switching my allegiance to the netherlands. although buhay pa argentina, am not much of a messi fan... masyado magaling eh

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Italy 0-1 Uruguay....

silat na rin Italy sa group D...bye bye na sila ng England

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    one day i hope magkaroon din ng football culture ang pinas. ang ganda talaga panuorin kapag synchronized ang choreo plus ang chants memorized ng madla

walang sinabi ang fiba championships sa fifa organized events. talagang these football supporters give a new dimension to the word fandom

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    agree with you sir baludoy. in general, boring sa pinoy ang football kasi hindi nakasanayan. what we have in Pinas are basketball rings we see everywhere. iba rin sa mga football nations, ang mga followers niyan talagang matatawag na fanatics. tingnan mo lang expressions mga mukha nila kapag nag-miss yung goal o di kaya umiskor ang kalaban nila I'm currently working here in Nigeria and talagang football addict mga tao dito. so far umiskor din sila against bosnia pero today they are playing argentina hahaha!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    talagang these football supporters give a new dimension to the word fandom
    That is so true! My German boss would travel to other countries only to watch football games.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ well, there's already a handful of philippine national football team diehards who follow the team wherever they go in the world. but of course, we've got a long, long way to go

the dash for a place in the final 16 has reached fever pitch. w/ several former world cup champs flung to the wayside, the path getting into deeper waters of the tournament is getting to be a little more frantic

the match to watch out for later or tomorrow am would be the german-usa encounter. i wonder how the german bred americans in team usa ( there are 5 of them recruits) would perform under duress when they face the fanatical germans? another subplot would be how the amercan's german coach ( a former superstar of the west german team) would fare against his homeland. there are talks that a deal has been made na daw for both teams to just get a draw and enter the next round hassle free hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    in order talaga na ma-expose pa tayo sa football or soccer, dapat aggressive ang government (well aasa pa ba tayo sa kanila) or even the private sector (like MVP) to promote this sport, whether via road shows, friendlies, building such facilities, and so on.. unfortunately, the Philippines is still a baskeball country IMO

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ oo nga eh. pero did you know that prior to the american occupation, our country was a footballing country? in fact, we have one of the oldest, if not the oldest national football association in asia (our philippine football federation (pff) was founded in 1907).

also another tidbit, the 2nd highest scoring player ever of the world famous fc barcelona was a pinoy and he was considered a superstar in spain during his heyday. his name is paulino alcantara and his goal converting record is only 2nd to the lionel messi who just eclipsed that incredible feat just about 3 or so years ago.

so in a way sayang din kasi if japan and the 2 koreas could produce world class football players, why can't we? eh hindi naman nagkakalayo mga physique natin kung tutuusin
    Last edited by baludoy; June 27th, 2014 at 08:00 AM.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast